North News is a long established press agency with an excellent reputation within the industry. We create content for all national broadsheet and tabloid papers and websites, along with TV and radio stations. We also provide copywriting, photographic, video and distribution services to corporate clients.
We employ qualified journalists and photographers, whose work is processed through our skilled content desk.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Digital content editing & social media output - Creation of both scheduled and live output for the company's social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube)
- Client relationship management & project coordination - Coordination of photographic and video assignments from brief-to-supply for PR and corporate clients, national newspapers & national weekly magazines
- Content licensing and sales - Negotiation of publication and broadcast licences for both live and archive video and stills material
- Content management & distribution - Clear captioning of images and videos in line with legal requirements and industry standards
- Website monitoring - Checking websites for content usage and collating links
- Video editing - Basic editing of raw video footage using Final Cut software
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- Interest / experience in video editing / shooting video
- Strong communication skills
- Good command of the English Language (will be expected to Tweet content and write emails)
- Having IT skills will be a bonus
- The right attitude, an interest in the media and bags of energy and enthusiasm are essential
£7280 per annum.
Working week / hours:
35 hours per week.
The opportunity to become part of a friendly, hardworking team and to gain invaluable experience within the media industry.
Our staff go on to prestigious jobs at national newspapers, magazines and press agencies all over the world.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.