Employment Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £15,100 per annum + Bonus Schemes + Benefits
Start Date: September 2020
QinetiQ is a leading science and engineering company operating primarily in the defence, security and critical infrastructure markets. We offer our customers world-class expertise through our services and innovative technology-based products. Our people proactively understand our customers’ current and future needs and create and enable solutions at greater pace to meet current, adjacent and emergent threats. Why don’t you join some of the world’s finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?
In the Controls, Systems and Instrumentation Group we look for apprentices wanting a career supporting electrical and electronic maintenance and trials across a number of facilities and sites in the UK.
Many of our facilities are the best in Europe and among the best in the world. We deliver to both military and commercial customers and pride ourselves on the fact that we do interesting work. The nature of the work is very interesting and this isn’t your average day on a production line on or in general industry. You won’t be doing the same thing every day; you will be able to develop yourself by being proactive!
Duties & Responsibilities
You could be responsible for:
- Providing electrical maintenance to equipment used during scale model aircraft trials within the Five Metre Wind Tunnel (5MWT) at Farnborough, primarily work for Boeing.
- Provide support, during maintenance periods and during aircraft trials.
- Providing some additional support to other teams and facilities within the Controls, Systems and Instrumentation Group, and within the wider RF, Networks and Comms Discipline (travel dependent).
- Underpinning test and evaluation for aviation, which has an exciting research programme ahead.
- Contributing to one of the high profile science and technology programmes in the UK.
Joining QinetiQ you would:
- Work in multidisciplinary teams delivering projects to a range of commercial customers
- Work to make our customer and our UK Air Research capability better
- Help our customers to discover and exploit new testing methods
- Be part of an apprentice programme allowing you to develop your technical expertise whilst getting the opportunity to experience a wider range of experience as well
- Gain opportunities in experiencing and supporting other teams within the Controls, Systems and Instrumentation Group, and within the wider RF, Networks and Comms Discipline (travel dependent)
- Get access to training to develop your technical and personal skills
- Get the opportunity to support community projects, for example acting as a STEM ambassador to local schools
To apply for the role you MUST meet the following criteria;
- Have attained, or are about to attain a minimum of Grade 4 (C) in Maths & English GCSE
- Be willing to challenge yourself and develop yourself
- Be willing to learn, and have demonstrated an aptitude for learning at pace
- Have a keen interest in technology and engineering
- Hold full British Citizenship
Please be aware that this role is subject to both security & export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that you must hold full British citizenship and obtain the right to stay and work within the UK. Restrictions may also mean that any dual or previous nationalities held can affect the roles in which you can perform within QinetiQ.
As well as the opportunity to work in a company at the forefront of the technology sector you will also receive:
- Flexible Employee Benefits
- Annual Salary Review
- Recognition Scheme, volunteering - helping charities & local communities
- Up to 50% discount on meals across a wide range of restaurants
- Up to 15% off high street stores and 40% off cinema tickets
- Buy annual leave, flexible working, social events, employee assistance 24/7
- Gym and sports facilities on larger sites
- 25 days standard annual leave + bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Much more!