Hours 37 per week
Closing Date 03 April 2020 at Midnight
Start date: 7th September 2020
This apprenticeship will run for 16 months
The assessment day for this role will take place on the 30th June 2020.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS APPRENTICE
Reports to: Senior Policy and Public Affairs Manager and Senior Policy and Public Affairs Executive
Corporate Affairs is part of the Communications and Corporate Affairs Department and is responsible for managing Channel 4’s internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
The Corporate Affairs Team work across the organisation to communicate important messages to staff, run internal and external events and develop Channel 4’s position on key policy issues and then communicate this to external stakeholders like the Government, Ofcom and Members of the Houses of Commons and Lords.
• Providing administrative support across the team, including Public Affairs, Policy, Corporate Events, Internal Communications and Corporate Communications
• Assisting with the organisation and execution of corporate events
• Researching MPs and Peers to contribute to briefing notes, and keeping contact database up to date
• Monitoring and researching relevant parliamentary business
• Writing press releases and briefings on Channel 4’s programmes and campaigns for political stakeholders
• Management of Channel 4 Corporate Twitter Account
• Working closely with other teams across Channel 4 to ensure a joined-up approach including the wider Communications team, Marketing and Commissioning.
Level 4 Public Relations & Communications Assistant
ESSENTIAL ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
• A love for TV and Channel 4 in particular
• An understanding of Channel 4’s purpose and Public Service Broadcasting
• An interest in politics and current affairs
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to summarise and condense complex information
• Computer literacy
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
DESIRABLE ATTRIBUTES FOR A GREAT CANDIDATE
Experience of working at events