Counselling Studies CPCAB Level 3
- College Courses
- Level 3
- Health and Social Care
- Enfield remove
Introduction to the course
Do you want to take the next step in training to become a counsellor?
This course builds on the Certificate in Counselling Skills and you will learn about the main theoretical approaches to therapeutic counselling.
You will learn about how to take the next step in training to become a counsellor (having already acquired counselling skills); and learn more about counselling theory and agency work.
As in all counselling courses, a large element of the work is based on experiential learning and observation and it involves commitment to personal development and self exploration; often the course continues to provide students with a life changing experience.
- Enhances your theoretical understanding of counselling and continues to help you develop the skills and attitudes required to practice these approaches.
- Encourages profound personal growth and understanding.
- Enhances your ability to understand others and develops your ability to extend empathy.
- Enhances your ability to work effectively trans-culturally and with diversity.
- Further develops your Research and oral presentation skills.
You will also have regular meetings with one of the course tutors to discuss your learning and developmental needs.
What do I need?
To be eligible for this course you will need the Counselling Skills CPCAB Certificate Level 2.
How is the course taught?
You will attend lectures as well as having discussion sessions and seminars. You will also take part in small group activities to develop your skills and link theory to practice.
How will I be assessed?
You will complete a portfolio evidencing minimum assessment requirements.
and you will undertake an externally assessed written paper after watching a CPCAB DVD under exam conditions.
What does it lead to?
This course leads to Therapeutic Counselling Diploma Level 4.Sign-up or log in to apply