Are you driven to deliver excellent customer service? Are you keen to engage with customers to understand their financial situation and help to find solutions to get their rent accounts back on track?
If you're new to the industry, it's no problem! If you have the skills and the right attitude, we can train you to be successful! All we ask is that you do have a strong customer service background with the passion for going above and beyond to help people and a big appetite for learning!
This is a really interesting role where you can dig deep into individual customers cases and use your initiative to turn around their situation. Knowing you've made a positive difference to someone's life every day will leave you feeling fulfilled. It doesn't come without it's challenges, so you'll need to be prepared to tackle some difficult situations.
As part of the Customer Accounts team, you'll manage the recovery of rent and service charge arrears, engaging with customers to understand their circumstances and create solutions to make it possible for them to pay their rent, maintain their tenancies and prevent arrears arising in the future.
Great communication skills are essential, as a large part of your day will be spent on the telephone talking to people. You'll have an inquisitive mind and take a flexible attitude towards resolving problems to a successful conclusion. You'll be empowered to take ownership and responsibility of debt recovery cases, making sure customers receive the appropriate support with money management advice and guidance regarding benefits to help maximise their potential income.
You’ll be based at our modern, vibrant office in the heart of the historic Horsham town; being a convenient location which is close to a selection of shops, bars and restaurants and just a 5 minute walk from the train station. This role is a full-time, permanent position working 35 hours per week Monday – Friday, between 08:00 – 18:00 (on a rota basis).
You'll be 100% office-based initially to ensure you get the full training and support needed to enable you to carry out your role. After completion of your training and probationary period, we'll be able to offer some flexibility to include 1 - 2 days home-working!
Please be aware that, due to the sensitive nature of this role, we aren't able to consider applications from current Southern Housing Group residents.
The ideal candidate
- Solution-focused and driven to achieve the best outcomes for our customers and the business
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude towards work
- Can work well with minimal supervision, but enjoy working as part of a team to achieve goals and targets
- Operate effectively to achieve targets and provide excellent customer service
- Being able to use initiative to make decisions
- Show empathy and be resilient to deal with sensitive or challenging situations
Our package includes
- A starting salary of £25,250 per year, with increments as and when you meet objectives and targets whilst you learn!
- 23 days holidays (plus public holidays and increasing with service) and as we close between Christmas and New Year, we give you another 3 days!
The chance to buy additional leave
- £250 in vouchers as part of our colleague referral scheme
- Ongoing support for your wellbeing
- Flexible benefits with some really exciting options which you can find out more about here!