At Octopus we’re transforming the industries we operate in and improving the lives of millions of people. We’ve built market-leading positions in a number of specialist sectors, including smaller company financing, renewable energy, healthcare and property finance. We employ more than 500 people and manage more than £6 billion on behalf of more than 50,000 investors. Our products don’t just help real people solve real life problems, they also make a positive impact on the world around us.
- Octopus Labs is driving innovation and technical change throughout the Octopus Group
- As an entrepreneurial company, there are constantly new opportunities and so nothing stays the same for long
- Started in a bedroom 18 years ago and still run by the same founders, we have a strong entrepreneurial flair and a culture of always asking questions
Octopus Choice and Octopus Cash are products of our fintech incubator, both under three years old and led by technology, bringing value and convenience to thousands of customers who save and invest with us.
Main role / Responsibilities:
As a member of the Ops team, you will be responsible for:
- Dealing with multiple aspects of the customer lifecycle from on-boarding new customers, dealing with queries, and helping customers get the most out of their Octopus accounts
- Being involved in helping us scale our operations – working with engineers and product managers to automate the day-to-day and continually improve the customer experience
- Making customers successful and helping us build a rapidly growing business
Desired Experience/Technical Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to be patient and empathise whilst dealing with customers
- Desire to go above and beyond to provide EPIC customer experience
- Must be a good problem solver who approaches new problems with enthusiasm
- The ability to maintain attention to detail whilst dealing with complex task
Desired qualification requirements:
5 GCSE’s at grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
- Stunning central London offices
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary + benefits
- Diverse / multinational team
- We're happy for you to keep working on your side-projects.
- We support 10% of your week being dedicated to you and your personal growth
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.