Shifts: 37.5 Hours per week, Monday to Friday, rota hours between 8:30am & 6pm
Salary: £18,525 per annum
Contract Type: Fixed term contract
Become a Customer Service Representative in our Growing Pensions Business
Our Pensions Helpline team is split into 3 main areas (Teachers Pensions/ Royal Mail and Multi Client). Each area has its own unique requirements taking incoming calls from a wide range of members and Policy holders regarding their pension queries. You could be helping with simple password resets or issuing P60s, to completing forms or correspondence support. More complex queries will involve helping to plan for retirement/ making contributions and ill health. Passing on important information about pension rights or talking to the partner of a pension holder that has passed away. That's right, it's a wide variety of calls, and every single one is different, so it's never a boring day here. What you'll be doing:
Your role will be hugely important as you are the first point of contact for members/policy holders when they call. You will be responsible for having quality conversations identifying member needs, researching member problems and supporting a wide range of life changing queries by doing the right thing for the member at first point of contact. A curious mind works well here along with attention to detail as you can imagine, there's a lot to learn and pensions have many scheme specifics details. Working in your team, you'll handle around 40-45 calls per day and some emails and ensure all details are accurately logged on the respective system.
Your training will be a combination of classroom training material and on the floor practical application to ensure you are fully equipped with the skills and knowledge to be able to handle all calls efficiently.
As for your development, from the moment you join us, you'll benefit from training and development opportunities and encouraged to take on extra responsibilities that will help you reach your full potential through a personal development plan. We also have several Apprenticeships and other Computer based learning opportunities that will underpin your role.
What we're looking for:
We believe that finding the right role is important. Let's tell you what we're looking for and you can see if you think if it's right for you.
- You understand real empathy and how to use your life experience and understanding to build a stronger bond and trust with your members.
- Good communication skills, especially listening, as that will allow you to ask better, more relevant, questions to the members.
- Empathy is important as you may be handling contacts from customers in difficult situations, so having natural empathy makes it much easier to build rapport with these customers.
- An ability to multitask will prove vital, as you will have to switch between multiple systems while helping members and may also be required to switch channels frequently - from the phone to messaging, for example.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Your expertise and passion for delivering a great customer experience will mean that you will do whatever it takes to resolve each query quickly and efficiently.
- As for hard skills, you'll need to be IT literate and fluent in both written and spoken English
- Resilient this is a fast-paced call centre environment.
- A background in a customer service or call centre environment (desirable)
- GCSE passes in Maths and English
- A Pensions/FCA background (desirable)
Are there any perks?
- A competitive basic salary
- 22 days holiday with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- Free onsite parking
- Onsite canteen
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
What will happen next:
- Choose apply now to fill out our short application
- Your application will be reviewed by our global recruitment team
- We will invite you to take part in an interactive game based assessment called Arctic Shore Assessment. Please look out for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org and complete as soon as possible (ideally within 24-48hrs)
- Once you have completed your assessment you will be invited to a video interview with a member of the recruitment team
To view our Covid-19 and process adjustments information, please visit the Capita Careers site.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. During the application process, you'll be asked to share your personal characteristics and data with us. This helps us understand our audience so we can make sure we are doing everything we can to attract a diverse range of people and ensure our recruitment processes are fair and inclusive.