The job in a nutshell…
As a Level 3 Sales Apprentice based within our Property Development team you will learn brilliant customer service and sales skills that enable you to support and drive the sales of the new homes that we build, which in turn, allows us to invest in our customers and communities. We’ll be teaching you so much so that you really understand the working of the wider department (including; how we design, plan and build homes) with a view to you playing a key role in selling them!
As well as loads of on the job training you will study for a relevant professional qualification in Customer Service (Diploma/NVQ Certificate Level 3 or equivalent) with additional embedded Sales modules and workshops.
What success will look like…
You’ll be part of a team that delivers a brilliant customer service and sales across Home Group, helping to maximise our revenue by meeting sales targets - so that we can put the money back into our estates and communities. You will be successful when you:
- Learn the job role and develop related work experience throughout the apprenticeship duration
- Complete the apprenticeship qualification within agreed timeframes
- Work well with colleagues and show a willingness to learn, develop and progress your career with Home Group
- Contribute towards us achieving results in line with Development and Sales team targets
The apprenticeships will also help you develop:
- Rounded experience across all areas of our sales and marketing teams and how we work together to contribute towards and meet our targets to sell new homes(we’ll make sure we give you this experience over the duration of your apprenticeship!)
- Brilliant communication skills to work with and influence people at all levels
- A great commercial awareness and ability to identify sales opportunities
- The ability to identify wider opportunities for new business and revenue generation
- Knowledge of the housing and construction sector that you’ll readily apply in a sales environment
You’ll already have these brilliant skills, qualifications and knowledge…
- 5 G.C.S.E grades A*- C; including English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Brilliant verbal and written communication skills
- Great influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Ability to work between several business departments and develop brilliant team relationships
- Ability prioritise workloads and thrive under pressure
- Some great IT skills
- A readiness to learn with a fantastic attitude
- Ability to deal with sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality
We’d also love you to have, or be brilliant at… (but don’t worry if not)
It is really important that you have a big interest to work in a sales and customer service environment and commitment to your personal and professional development. But hey….this is an apprenticeship so just be willing to have a go, try new things and learn loads!
We’re all accountable for…
Health and Safety of our ourselves and others; put simply this includes taking the time to complete all learning, understanding your role-specific responsibilities, working with reasonable care and taking steps to address and report problems related to Health and Safety.
Taking a proactive approach to your learning and development in order to be the best you can be. This includes understanding and keeping up to date with all of our relevant policies and processes as well as taking advantage of all the learning opportunities and resources available to you … they’re there for a reason but don’t worry, we’ll help keep you informed along the way.
Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion as a top priority at Home Group; leading by example in your actions and demonstrating our Brilliant People behaviours.
Keeping things compliant! You’ll have role-specific and organisational goals but it’s important you take these seriously and keep people and information secure and safe within the scope of doing your bit here at Home Group.