Brief overview of the vacancy role
The Customer Service Advisor (apprentice) role is working towards one of the most critical roles in our Dealerships. You will be learning how to manage the relationship between the customer and the workshop, delivering exceptional customer service and ensuring our customer satisfaction levels are outstanding.
The Customer Service Advisor will be responsible for setting customer expectations and keeping the customer updated throughout the service or repair of their vehicle. It is also their responsibility to sell additional products, take payments, and follow-up with the customer to ensure they are happy with the work completed. They will also provide support with additional ad-hoc duties as required.
As with all positions within dealerships, Customer Service Advisors are expected to uphold the highest ethical standards.
All Customer Service Advisor (Apprentices) will undertake a 15-month apprenticeship, which will be delivered by Lifetime Training and centrally managed by the Vertu Talent Team. This Apprenticeship programme has been built around a robust development pathway, creating a talent pipeline of colleagues who will support the business in Service Advisor role.
Customer Satisfaction (CSI): To take responsibility to achieve the highest possible customer satisfaction levels in excess of the manufacturer national average by building trust, communicating well and exceeding customer expectations. To provide a quality of service that means customers would not consider using our competitors.
Maximising Profit Per Customer Visit:
Product Promotion: Actively and professionally promote all ancillary products to achieve targets set by your manager every day.
Maximise Profit Opportunity: Actively promote and fully explain the value of additional work to customers to ensure you maximise the profit generated from the service while maintaining the bond of trust.
Data Quality: Accurately and consistently collect, input, and manage all customer contact and vehicle data into the Kerridge system to maximise the quality and content of the customer database.
Customer Follow-up: Maintain contact with and follow up every customer of the department to ensure they were completely satisfied, their expectations were met, any issues are addressed, and their custom retained.
£18,000 pa - 1st 12 months
13 -18 months £21,840
on completion of apprenticeship (18 months +) min £23,500 + bonus (depending on hours) will be required to work weekends on a rota basis
25 days holiday per year with length of service increments.
Initial Working Pattern:
40 hours per working week
8am - 5pm Monday - Friday 1 hr lunch (1st 12 months)
Depending on your specific dealership - hours can vary between an average of 43 hours per week and 47 hours per week. With some weekend working. (13-18 months)
Desired personal Qualities
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in serving customers and delivering high standards of satisfaction. Looks to understand the needs and requirements of the customer.
- Maintains composure when challenged or put under significant or unexpected pressure. Able to work effectively in difficult situations maintaining calm and controlled.
- Consistently follows through on commitments to others. Meets responsibilities head on without making excuses. Routinely works with persistence to achieve agreed objectives.
- Maintains a flexible style when interacting with others. Willing to adapt to changes easily.
- Seeking and Collating Information: Identifies and seeks out all the relevant information required to achieve a task. Effectively networks and questions others to elicit relevant information.
- Precision and accuracy when accomplishing tasks. Takes both a methodical and analytical approach with their activities with an acute eye for detail. Prepared to identify errors and mistakes which other may overlook.
- Eager to participate and contribute as a member of a team. Creates a positive and willing team climate.
- Regularly contacts individuals who may be helpful in the future. Looks for opportunities to make new connections that may be advantageous.
Ongoing training and development
Training to be provided
Customer Service Specialist Level 3
Functional Skills Maths & English
ZH2 Customer Service Specialist Apprenticeship L3
Paid hours per week