Are you passionate about delivering high levels of customer service? Are you looking to earn while you learn? Are you interested in a local apprenticeship scheme but keen to work for a global company? If you have answered yes, then our eighteen-month Customer Service Apprenticeship in Dunstable may be of interest to you.
About the role
Essity offers the opportunity for you to join a global FMCG business which embraces both innovation and diversity with the goal of making a difference to people’s lives. We manufacture many leading brands – Cushelle, Plenty, Velvet, Tork and Bodyform to name a few.
Based from our Dunstable office, you will be working with our Professional Hygiene business, under the Tork brand, and learn how we deliver high levels of customer service in a business to business environment. You will develop your skills through a combination of on the job learning and academic study.
This is a great opportunity to join a friendly and experienced team with a strong desire to deliver customer service excellence.
What you will do
Day to day you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive level of service to both internal and external customers which will include:
- Processing sales orders accurately following the relevant process
- Responding to customers via telephone and email
- Handling and logging customer concerns
- Liaising with other teams within the organisation (production, warehousing, transport and distribution) to confirm the status of orders and resolve customer queries
- Producing key performance indicator data, as required
No two days are the same, your day will change depending on both customer and business demands.
You will spend four days per week in the office, with the fifth day dedicated to completing your academic study to achieve a Customer Service Practioner Level 2 apprenticeship. This will be completed via distance learning with support from a tutor at Bedford college.
Who are you?
We would love to hear from you if you have;
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grades 5 / C including maths and English (essential)
- 2 A levels at grades A-C (desirable)
- A passion for delivery strong customer service together with proven experience in a customer facing role
- Strong IT literacy with a working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- The ability to work well under pressure ensuring deadlines are met and outcomes monitored
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
We’re looking for people who embody our values, aren’t afraid to challenge, innovate, experiment, and move at a fast pace. We’re always looking for ways to improve our products and ourselves. So, if you have a passion for delivering strong levels of customer service combined with a flexible but solutions focused approach, we would love to hear from you.
What we can offer you
In return we offer a competitive starting salary and benefits package combined with the opportunity to work for a leading global organisation who will support your development as an apprentice.
At Essity, we believe every career is as unique as the individual and empower employees to reach their full potential in a winning culture motivated by a powerful purpose.
Collaborative and caring work environment | empowerment | job impact | work with a powerful purpose | individual learning & development | health & safety | social responsibility
Please note this apprenticeship is to commence as soon as possible.
You will be based from our offices in Dunstable, Bedfordshire with parking available on site if required.