Customer Service/ CCTV Apprenticeship 2018 - Southampton
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you.
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UK’s largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change people’s lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and you’ll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity to work as part of the City Watch Team on our Southampton Contract. The role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
What the apprenticeship will offer:
Balfour Beatty Living Places offers a comprehensive training programme in Customer Services and work planning with the opportunity of completing industry vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient coordination of works in a customer focused environment, taking calls from the public as part of the City Watch team in Southampton.
You will also have various other training opportunities, such as Induction, Continuous Improvement Training and Customer Service training. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career.
Your responsibilities as a Customer Service/CCTV Apprentice include:
- Support with the operation of Traffic Control, CCTV, Pay on Foot Parking, Itchen bridge toll, bus lane enforcement and Concierge door entry system
- Provide support to the City’s car parking service and Civil Enforcement teams
- Comply with policies, procedures and relevant legislation to ensure obligations are met
- Provide traffic and travel information for the transport network
- Respond swiftly and appropriately to enquiries by radios, telephone, email or in person
- Be confident and willing to deal with a wide range of people, internal and external
- Provide an Electronic Concierge Service to residents linked to the scheme, to improve safety, security and contribute to improving areas as places to live
Who we’re looking for:
- You'll have a minimum of 3 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths & English or equivalent
- Have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- Have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
- Be highly customer focused with a can do attitude.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing confidently, clearly and expressively
- Be eligible to undertake SIA licence training including enhanced background checks
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.Sign-up or log in to apply