Customer Service Claims Handler
Not taking applications
- Full Time
- Employment & Training
- School Leaver
- Customer Service
Group Corporate Business is a specialist national unit dealing with the general insurance needs of NFU Mutual’s largest and most complex clients, through its Agency Network and also through a select panel of partner Brokers.
Full time, fixed term opportunities (up to 12 months) exist for Motor claims handlers to join our busy team. Previous claims handling experience is not required as training will be provided. What is required is a positive, can do attitude, enthusiasm and an ability and willingness to learn. These roles have been created specifically to provide additional support to our busy department as our new IT platform is rolled out and embedded during 2018.
About the role
Under supervision, you will be responsible for handling a variety of motor claims in a cost effective manner in accordance with the group guidelines, procedures and claims processes. This will include:
- Making decisions on responsibility in claims scenarios
- Compliance with all regulatory and internal systems and controls
- Identifying cases which may be suitable for the group fraud programmes
- Initiating and co-ordinating investigations on claims you are handling
- Negotiating with clients, people making claims and their representatives
- Reviewing and estimating on current claims files
- Handling dispute resolution and fraud cases
You will be a good team worker, well organised and logical - able to prioritise effectively and provide high levels of support to experienced Claims handler colleagues. Verbal communication skills are particularly important as you will be using the telephone daily to deal with incoming queries and making large numbers of outgoing calls. You will be able to demonstrate a passion for providing excellent customer service demonstrated through previous work experience.
Applicants will have a minimum of 5 GCSE's at grade C or above including Maths and English.Sign-up or log in to apply