As a Customer Service Expert Apprentice, you will develop first-class customer service skills including understanding customer needs and business needs, critically evaluating customer service levels and implementing changes to improve the customer journey and using appropriate resources and technology to support the needs of the customer. You will acquire the skills to deal with challenging situations and develop plans to drive loyalty and retention and exceed customer expectations.
Working towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship as a Customer Service Specialist you will learn the key principles, practices and skills that underpin the role before further developing and applying your skills in more complex situations.
The role of a Customer Service Expert
- Understanding your customers and the business
- Developing knowledge of relevant regulations and legislation
- Using appropriate resources and technology to meet the needs of customers
- Keeping up to date with the most recent product information
- Resolving challenges
- Understanding the extended customer journey
- Understanding how to apply different skills and behaviors in various different situations
- Developing insights into customer behaviour including influencing factors such as loyalty, emotion and culture
- Apply knowledge and skills to find solutions to complex challenges
- Analyse service levels and develop options for improvement
Desired Skills and Personal Qualities
- First-class customer service skills
- Organisational skills
- Listening & communication skills
- ICT skills
- Complaint resolution skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An interest in motor vehicles
- Age 16+
- GCSE grades 4 - 9 (or equivalent A*- C) in:
- English Language
We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of gender and ethnicity. We are committed to equal opportunities therefore if you have a disability please state this on your application form and measures will be put in place to support you.
The employing retailer dictates the remuneration that apprentices receive. They are required to pay, at least, the National Minimum Wage.
You will be required to work the minimum duration of 30 hours per week and a minimum of 20% of your working hours are allocated to ‘off-the-job’ training, which will take place as one-week blocks at our Apprentice Academy in Milton Keynes. We will talk you through this during the application process.
We will support you in gaining Functional Skills in Mathematics and English should you require them.
Future Career Opportunities
Completing an apprenticeship is just the start of your career at Mercedes-Benz. Examples of some career paths our graduates have taken are:
- Customer Support Executive
- Front of House – Brand Representative
- Customer Service Expert leading to After Sales, Service Advisor or Parts Operations Specialist