Customer Services - Summer 2018
- Full Time
- Employability Skills
- Gap Year
- School Leaver
- Customer Service
- Gap Year
- Hospitality and Catering
- Travel and Tourism
- Academic & Education
- Languages & ESOL
Customer Services Officer
Destinations: Greece, Sardinia and Corsica
About the Role
The Customer Services Officer is at the forefront of ensuring that our customer have an excellent experience whilst they are on holiday with us.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager this pivotal role supports our in-resort management team and offers essential assistance and services to our guests. In this customer-facing role you’ll build and maintain excellent relationships with guests whilst ensuring their needs are catered for at every opportunity.
It’s not all work and no play though! You could learn a new sport and explore exciting new places with like-minded friends.
We’ve a strong management team that provides on-going support and training. You can gain new qualifications, there’s a development programme for career progression with the prospect to work year-round in one of our chalet hotels in top European ski destinations.
- General administration and assistance with airport transfers, complaint handling, logging of maintenance requests
- Security of guests’ belongings and room keys
- General reception duties including the booking of excursions, restaurants & car hire. Dealing with lost property, foreign exchange and any other guest queries.
- Preparation and updating of room packs/notice boards/welcome packs etc.
- Providing translation services where required, with locals, suppliers etc
- Informing departments of new arrivals and any special requests
- In the absence of a first aid officer, dealing with first aid: Accompanying guests to hospital or doctor, dealing with insurance company claims.
- Registration of guests with all authorities, control and security of passports
- Cashing up tills
- Supporting the Head Office Customer Services department
- To assist with evening entertainments.
Abilities and Skills
- Present a ‘can do’ attitude
- Language Skills
- Be a team player
- Ability to work independently and take ownership
- Innovative approach to solutions and problem solving
- Confident to resolve issues without the need for management
- Self motivational attitude
- Outgoing, energetic, fun-loving attitude
Package and Benefits
- Return travel to/from UK
- Medical insurance
- Comfortable accommodation
- All meals
- Discounted drinks and beauty treatments (dependent on resort)
- Use of some hotel sports equipment and facilities including tuition
- Smart uniform
- Holiday concessions for friends and family
- A competitive salary
- Comprehensive training
- Opportunity to work year-round
- Management development