Cyber Security Analyst
Salary- circa £45,000 depending upon skills and experience
IT underpins all of Anglian Water's critical services and over the last five years the risk of cyber attacks against these systems has increased dramatically and continues to do so constantly.
Increasingly complex attacks are being launched against us by a variety of threat sources including amongst others organised cyber criminals and nation state actors. Current business priorities and the use of innovative and disruptive new technologies create new exposures and new regulations such as GDPR require cyber security to be at the forefront of our IT services.
What will you be doing?
To help us operate the best cyber security facility to protect our business, information and communities, we are looking for a Cyber Security Analyst to join the team.
This varied role conducts activities across all areas of the risk management programme. It will be highly integrated within technical and process change projects providing advice and guidance about the implementation and management of cyber security controls.
You'll be expected to have a good understanding of a broad range of IT operation activities and technology alongside detailed technical and process cyber security controls. The role will be involved in securing the delivery of IT services at all stages of the lifecycle from strategy, through to design and implementation into operation and decommissioning.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop cyber awareness briefings to the business and external third parties, highlighting risks and best practice to change and improve behaviour.
- Work with our external penetration partner, ensuring the schedule and pre-requisites are in place for the smooth delivery of testing.
- Promote the function as a centre of expertise for all things cyber security and ensure the importance and severity of security breaches is appreciated across the business.
- Perform cyber assessments of business units and take ownership of risk assessments by making recommendations to project teams with regards to Information Security risks.
- Undertake design reviews of all new and proposed IT systems, services and assets to ensure they are secure and aligned to industry best practice and our standards.
- Contribute towards the cyber security strategy, policies and standards by writing and maintaining documentation.
- Provide your expertise and knowledge to lead on incident management activities and raise security incidents where significant risks are identified.
- Ensure you understand current challenges and new technologies with a view to implementing to keep us at the forefront of our industry.
What do you need?
Comfortable in convincing senior leaders what good looks like, you'll be personable and able to build long lasting relationships by demonstrating your integrity on a day- to - day basis.
As our next Cyber Security Analyst, you'll have a solid understanding of risk management and assessment with a passion and keen interest to forge a career within the cyber security arena. With an awareness of the difference between IT and OT (Operational Technology) and how these are converging, you'll be strategically focussed and determined in resolving issues in the correct fashion.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in cyber security with the Best Place to Work in the UK, please apply today!
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you'll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Due to the nature of this role, you'll have the opportunity to work from home on occasion. There is also the ability to work from one of our other offices / sites on occasion .
Closing date: 14 May 2019
Interview dates: Late May 2019
Sign-up or log in to apply