We are an exciting Scottish business who operate within the fast-growing Cyber Security sector.
We specialise in providing Cyber Security services to the UK market, operating across most sectors but mainly investment banking, FSI’s and Defence and Government.
Due to our continued success and appetite for growth we are looking to recruit a pro-active Cyber Security Analyst, with a keen interest in security and a hunger to learn.
This role is an excellent opportunity for career development and a step into a successful career within the cyber security sector.
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage themMonitor SIEM and logging environments for security events and alerts to threats, intrusions, and/or compromises
- Responsible for understanding the global threat landscape
- Escalates cybersecurity events according to runbooks and standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Proactively provide feedback on operational processes and procedures
- Maintain a professional communicative relationship with clients and management to provide information throughout the incident, problem, and change management cycles
- Proactive monitoring of internal and external-facing environment using specialized security applications Routinely develop and update incident response playbooks to ensure response activities align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats.
- IT literacyKnowledge of MS Office High interest level of Cyber Security and data
- Excellent communication skill
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Good time management skills
- Good analytical skills and influencing skills
Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:30
GBP 16,00030 day holiday (including bank holidays)
Future Career Progression:Once you have completed your apprenticeship there will be offer of a permanent position. Your Salary will be reviewed periodically thought your apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.