Our client is looking for a tech savvy, person to join their workforce and our Cyber Security Apprenticeship programme. Think you have got what it takes?Apply now.
Working for a young and exciting social enterprise that offers a premium service to their customers across a number of different disciplines. They recognise the qualities of the young workforce and support them through training and development so they can succeed in their chosen career path. They operate with a very co-operative working relationship so encourage support and guidance as they are all eager to learn from each other to improve themselves.
The Cyber Security Team works with our clients to guide them through the process of improving their cyber resilience, with a view to them becoming a Cyber Essentials Certified business. The Cyber Essentials scheme addresses the most common Internet-based threats to cyber security, particularly attacks that use widely available tools and demand little skill. The scheme considers these threats to be:
- Hacking ? exploiting known vulnerabilities in Internet-connected devices, using widely available tools and techniques;
- Phishing ? and other ways of tricking users into installing or executing a malicious application;
- Password guessing ? manual or automated attempts to log on from the Internet, by guessing passwords.
Your main duties would include:
- Review and Report on a client' s IT infrastructure, including:
- secure configuration ( computers and network devices) ;
- user access control;
- malware protection;
- patch management.
- Provide support and assistance to clients to enable them to:
- Secure their Internet connection;
- Secure their devices and software;
- Control access to their data and services;
- Protect from viruses and other malware;
- Keep their devices and software up to date.
- Provide phone &remote support to clients
- Provide support and assistance to clients during the annual Cyber Essentials re-certification process.
The successful candidate will work with an experienced mentor who will supervise their development alongside an Assessor from QA Apprenticeships.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Demonstrates a `can do will do'attitude
- Team Player
- Approachable &enthusiastic
- Highly creative and imaginative
- Able to work under pressure
- Have an eye for detail
You must have at least 5 National 5 grades, qualifications must include Maths and English.
- Monday to Friday
- 9: 00am-5: 00pm
- Salary increments at 6 monthly intervals in recognition of the learning and development that will have been completed by these points.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.