APPRENTICESHIP START DATE
15th March 2021
FINAL INTERVIEW DATE
15th January 2021
The C4 Apprenticeship Programme
Our Apprenticeship programme is designed to provide work experience and a related qualification to people leaving formal education and who have decided to pursue an Apprenticeship rather than attend University.
Our Apprenticeships are full-time, with four days per week spent working in a C4 department and one day per week completing the formal learning parts of the Apprenticeship. Our Apprentices have external tutors who deliver workshops and seminars to them and offer support throughout the apprenticeship. It is essential for Apprentices to be able to balance their work and learning time and commit to delivering what is required for the formal learning elements in order to successfully achieve the qualifications on completion.
The formal training provided will consist of workshops, tutorials, webinars, coaching and in some cases residential boot camps. The training is dependent on the qualification your apprenticeship offers and will be explained in detail by the training provider before you officially begin the course. You can read more about the qualification being offered for this apprenticeship below.
Am I eligible to apply?
- You must be 18 years old or over at the time the scheme starts to apply. There is no upper age limit.
- You cannot already have a similar qualification at the same or higher level than what is being offered on this apprenticeship. For example, you are not eligible to apply for this role if you already have a Level 4 or higher qualification relating to Cyber Security.
Channel 4 is a publicly owned, privately funded UK broadcaster with a remit to produce innovative, alternative and culturally diverse television. Its bold approach means that it must have the ability to protect the Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of its intellectual property.
The Channel 4 Information Security team play a critical role in protecting the Channel from Cyber-attacks and educating the staff about the dangers of the online world. The successful apprentice would gain insight into all areas of Cyber security in the broadcasting industry, from Commissioning to Legal, Press and publicity to technology.
This apprenticeship would suit someone who:
- Has a passion and interest in developing a career in Cyber Security
- Can think about the different potential security threats to a business and what the outcome could be and how this can be stopped
- Is comfortable working with high-level and confidential information
- Works well under pressure
During your time at Channel 4 you will be asked to, amongst other things;
- Review regular threat intelligence instances to determine the level of risk to the company and advise accordingly
- Present awareness seminars to staff about the perils and pitfalls of the online world
- Review 3rd party companies and advise on whether they meet the high standards required to work with Channel 4
- Represent Channel 4 externally in meetings, and at conferences
- Use internal and external resources as sources of security related information and provide recommendations to the business
- Assist in the writing and updating of key policies that will be adopted across the company.
- Liaise with other broadcasters to ensure a consistency when applying information security across the industry
- Run Penetration tests against systems to discover vulnerabilities.
QUALIFICATION OFFERED WITH THIS APPRENTICESHIP
Level 4 NVQ Cyber Security Technologist
LENGTH OF APPRENTICESHIP
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Be very comfortable working with technology systems and software
- Have a keen interest in and a good knowledge of what Cyber Security is
- Have experience of contributing to a team
- Be comfortable conducting research on your own and then presenting your findings
- Have good written and verbal communications skills
- Be able to analyse data and make recommendations
- Enjoy working with others but are also comfortable working on your own projects
- Have a high level of initiative and are naturally curious
- Understanding and passion for the Channel 4 brand and remit
If you need to relocate in order to take up this opportunity, we can offer you support towards the financial costs of moving. This includes a contribution towards your deposit and first months’ rent, plus visits to your new city to look for accommodation.
Benefits- There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
• 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
• Company funded Private Medical Insurance
• A generous Group Personal Pension
• Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!
Applications Close Date- 01 Nov 2020