Cyber Security Apprentice - Taunton (TA1) - 3765
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Higher Apprenticeship
Working here can help push your career in the right direction. If you' ve ever flown in a plane, been in hospital, or even given blood, there' s a good chance we' ve helped keep you safe.
For nearly a quarter of a century, we' ve been providing software solutions to thousands of customers such as the UK NHS, Virgin, PwC, Emirates, Heineken and even Harvard University.
We' re not a large faceless corporation, but we' re not a fly-by-night dot com company either. With more than 350 employees in multiple locations across the UK, USA, Dubai, Malaysia and Bulgaria - not including our global Partner Network - we' re one of the most exciting and fastest growing software companies in the world.
Ideagen plc provides market-leading information management, safety, risk and compliance software solutions that allow organisations to achieve operational excellence, regulatory compliance and reduce risk. The Group has shown excellent growth, both organically and through strategic acquisitions, and is listed on The London Stock Exchange AIM market ( Ticker:IDEA.LN) .
As authors of an excellent portfolio of software products, the Group is able to provide complete content lifecycle solutions that enable organisations to meet their Regulatory and Quality Compliance standards, helping them to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
Our Mission Statement is:To enable our clients to improve their organisations by providing the tools which can help improve customer service, increase efficiency, reduce risk, enhance compliance, and lower costs?
Ideagen's wide portfolio of solutions range from Audit &Risk Management, Document Management &Workflow, Capture, Process Mapping, Order Communications, Infection Control, Electronic Medical Record and ED Management.
The business is recruiting for an Apprentice to work in their growing Security operations team. Working with the SOC Team, who are constantly managing cyber security systems against malicious activity, and where required, respond and resolve before any damage is done.
- Maintain a keen understanding of evolving cyber threats
- Participate in knowledge sharing with the wider team and develop solutions efficiently
- Participate in individual or team projects, liaise accordingly with other members of the team
- Perform other essential duties as assigned
- A professional attitude, customer focused
- Flexible and willing to learn
- A passion for technology and the Cyber Security industry
- Well presented
- An excellent attendance record
- Any previous exposure to the above highly advantageous
- A keen interest in IT and developments in the cybersecurity sector
- Attention to detail, analytical abilities and the ability to recognise trends in data
- Creativity and patience
- An inquisitive nature
- A proactive approach with the confidence to make decisions
- A methodical and well-organised approach to work
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with a range of people
- Understanding of confidentiality issues, and the law relating to them
- A Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject ( this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT ( 180 credits)
- For any City and Guilds programmes the learner must be 18 on the first day of their apprenticeship
37.5hrs per week, Monday - Friday
- 32 days holiday, including statutory and birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Share incentive plan ( subject to eligibility)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free office fruit
- Free tea and coffee
- Nights in/out
- Childcare vouchers
- Training &development
- View to become a permanent employee at the end of the apprenticeship
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.