Do you have what it takes to tackle cyber-criminals and help protect the UK Government?
If yes, then you could be the Cyber Security Apprentice we are looking for! The cross Government Security Profession is working with a number of Government Departments and Agencies to bring you exciting career opportunities in Cyber Security. You could become a Cyber Apprentice in the Civil Service in England.
You should apply for this role if you…
- Have a natural flair for logically and creatively solving problems;
- Are passionate about technology;
- Are able to work independently and in cooperation with others, take responsibility and use your initiative;
- Enjoy identifying and preventing issues before they occur;
- Can articulate complex issues clearly to a wide range of people;
- Want to make a real difference in the work you do.
Sound interesting? Let’s tell you a bit more…
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative programme whilst earning a salary. As a Cyber Security apprentice working in a rapidly-growing sector you will have the chance to develop your skills and become a cyber-professional of tomorrow!
These are exciting, challenging and stimulating jobs in some of the key Government Departments and Agencies managing digital networks and information security risks impacting on all aspects of life in the UK. Cyber Security is the security of these networks and information that they hold; you will have a significant role in managing risk and mitigating threats to national security. Excellent on-the-job experience and training will enable you to develop the advanced technical skills needed to prevent cybercrime, decrypt data, clarifying and resolving malware issues. The apprenticeship will also help you build a foundation level of knowledge in critical areas of Cyber Security, setting you up for a successful and rewarding career.
On this 2-year programme you will not only complete a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist Higher Apprenticeship, you will:
- Learn the fundamental skills you need to begin your career as a security professional.
- Develop the knowledge and skills required, such as incident response, risk management and digital forensics, to equip you to be a future Cyber Security specialist.
- Tackle topics such as ethical hacking, cyber security fundamentals, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Gain invaluable experience by learning challenging theory and immediately applying this on-the-job.
- Be supported by experienced mentors and managers who will guide you through your apprenticeship.
You qualify for this role if…
- You hold a current United Kingdom (UK) Passport, and NI number
- You have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years prior to November 2020.
- You are eligible to work in the UK and will not be in full-time education by November 2020.
- You will be aged 18 or over by November 2020.
Our employers are very keen to attract a broad spectrum of applicants from diverse backgrounds. If you have the right aptitude, motivation and attitude, we want to hear from you.
If you are successful you will be assigned to a government department very soon after the assessment centre.
You should be aware that due to the critical and sensitive nature of some these roles, some departments will conduct security checks that can take several weeks to complete.
You can expect to start on the programme from November 2020 onwards.
5 GCSEs A*-C (4-9) including Maths and English
Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject OR ICT A level OR ICT Baccalaureate OR BTEC Level 3 Extended diploma in IT (180credits)
A minimum of 12 months full time experience working in an IT support role e.g. IT Help Desk, First line support.
The duration of this apprenticeship will be two years with the expectation that apprentices will move into permanent civil service jobs on completion.
Read this and believe that you are suited to a Cyber Security Apprenticeship?
Then we would love to hear from you.
There has never been a more exciting time to get involved in a Cyber Security apprenticeship
Please note that GSP have vacancies in London, Bristol, Corsham, Newcastle, Manchester, Reading & Leeds. Please do NOT submit more than one application as it could cause delays to the application process. You only need to apply for your first choice location. There is space in the application form to list any further locations that you wish to be considered for.