Working week: 30 hours (Mon-Fri early shift 7:30am - 1:30pm, late shift 12:30pm - 6:30pm)
To assist all staff in the day-to-day running of the Nursery. To help in the implementation of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum. To ensure that all children attending the setting receive high quality care, are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences. To meet the requirements of regulatory bodies with relation to EYFS matters, special needs, safeguarding, Health and Safety and to ensure that company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Aid with the implementation of planning for the EYFS curriculum and assist in maintain accurate children’s records.
- Support other staff in their day-to-day duties.
- Effectively support a key person in carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with their key children and their families.
- Provide high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- Promote and facilitate partnership with parents and carers.
- Remain up-to-date with current developments in childcare and education policies and practices.
- Ensure that the nutritional needs of the children are met and that Food Safety Regulations are complied with.
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures relating to the nursery.
- Operate the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by senior staff team.
- Contribute to the social and extra-curricular activities of the nursery and assisting with their organisation.
- To leave the nursery ready for the following session, ensuring the plans are ready to be implemented and resources are available.