Data Analyst Apprentice 2019 - Level 4 - South East
Customer Service Apprenticeship – Level 2 – Southampton
Qualifications required: No prior qualifications required
Closing Date – applications are open until 29th April 2019; however Balfour Beatty reserves the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About the programme:
We have an exciting opportunity to work as part of the Citywatch Team on our Southampton Contract. The role will give you the opportunity to work for a market leading company, whilst gaining valuable skills and experience to ensure you develop to your full potential throughout the apprenticeship.
Balfour Beatty Living Places offers a comprehensive training programme in Customer Services and work planning with the opportunity of completing industry vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient coordination of works in a customer focused environment, taking calls from the public as part of the City Watch team in Southampton.
You will also have various other training opportunities. Our apprenticeship programme recognises the importance of giving meaningful and challenging work, so you can expect to be immersed in real activities and given responsibilities from the outset. As your programme progresses you will have increased responsibility; working with experts who will share their knowledge, provide support and give invaluable feedback so you never stop learning. You will be part of a graduate cohort and be assigned Business Improvement and Corporate Social Responsibility Projects that can affect the way we work as a business.
What you'll be doing:
Your responsibilities as a Customer Service/CCTV Apprentice include:
- Support with the operation of Traffic Control, CCTV, Pay on Foot Parking, Itchen bridge toll, bus lane enforcement and Concierge door entry system
- Provide support to the City’s car parking service and Civil Enforcement teams
- Provide an out of hours service for 2 Balfour Beatty contracts for highways emergencies
- Comply with policies, procedures and relevant legislation to ensure obligations are met
- Provide traffic and travel information for the transport network
- Respond swiftly and appropriately to enquiries by radios, telephone, email or in person
- Be confident and willing to deal with a wide range of people, internal and external
- Provide an Electronic Concierge Service to residents linked to the scheme, to improve safety, security and contribute to improving areas as places to live
- The successful applicant will be expected to work shifts after an initial period which does include nights and weekends
Who we're looking for
- Have a friendly, flexible approach to your working day and a willingness to work with and support colleagues
- Have an enthusiastic, engaged attitude and eagerness to learn and develop personally and professionally
- Be highly customer focused with a can do attitude.
- Be able to communicate verbally and in writing confidently, clearly and expressively
- Be eligible to undertake SIA licence training including enhanced background checks (age restrictions apply)
What you’ll need:
- No prior qualifications are required
- Have a basic knowledge of MS packages including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees will be covered.
For more information about what you can expect as a Balfour Beatty Apprentice and what’s involved in the scheme visit the website here and view the profiles of our current apprentices across the Group.