Agilisys is an employee owned organisation that delivers success through innovation, working with public sector partners to help them transform services that make a real difference to millions of people across the UK. We are one of the UK's most innovative IT services providers, delivering transformation through a suite of world-class citizen-centric technology products as well as centres of operational excellence around the UK.
If you’re looking to start a career in administration, Agilisys want you as their apprentice!
The post holder will assist the Service Delivery Manager and IT Training Lead with all aspects relating to General Office Administration.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- IT training support and administration
- Supporting the Service Delivery Team
- Management of IT Training room - This will include projection equipment and laptops
- Attends training courses for self-development
- Ensuring documentation is available for courses
- Assist with floor walking in departments, troubleshooting IT queries
- Assist with modifying/creating reports on behalf of team members
- General administrative duties such as typing, filing, printing, scanning and photocopying as required
- Induction of new starters, including co-ordination of staff passes and maintaining the lockers spreadsheet
- Collating overtime hours and sending to Accounts
- Maintaining department organization chart and telephone list
- Arranging team meetings/refreshments, making room bookings and booking in visitors
- Distributing the post
- Ordering kitchen and stationery supplies and maintaining a record of orders
- Carries out the duties of the post in accordance with the Data Protection Act, the Computer Misuse Act, the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Freedom of Information Act and other relevant legislation. Adheres to all security standards of Agilisys and encourages others to do so
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
- Good all round knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Willingness to learn new packages.
- Particularly Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Office 365 apps
- Excellent customer service skills, reacting quickly to customer needs
- Ability to deal with bookings, giving a high quality service
- Ability to deal with pre and post training support
- Confident at giving demonstrations
- Good administrative skills, e.g. use of Email and Calendar
- Self-motivating, organized and innovative
- Able to monitor training bookings
- Ability to look after training room on a daily basis, reporting problems and ensuring that trainers have the necessary paperwork
- Ability to work within the team as a team player, contributing to projects and assisting others when required
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of equality of opportunity, and demonstrate how to apply this in relation to the duties of the post
Desired qualification requirements:
Minimum 5 GCSE's at grade C & above or equivalent.
Working week: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5:30pm,40 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer],
Salary: £12,000 per annum
Benefits of the role/ Future prospects:
Possible salary increases
Full training and support by our friendly team environment in a superb location
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.