Data Analyst Apprentice Level 4 Based in Reading
Qualifications required: Minimum of A-levels or completion of an Advanced Apprenticeship
Closing Date applications are open until 29th May 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
About Balfour Beatty and what we do:
Do you want to work for a worldwide, market leading Company? A company that has delivered some of the most iconic projects, globally over the last 100 years, with market leading capabilities across the construction, services and rail sectors? Then we have an amazing opportunity for you based in Warwickshire
Take a look at what we do at:
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role
We are offering a 24 month apprenticeship scheme working as part of our Highways business. The role will have a data analysis focus, which will involve using various existing systems and software to generate data which, in turn, will be interrogated, manipulated and turned into useful management information for our clients. This could be in the form of electronic dashboards, MS Excel reports or MS PowerPoint presentations.
What you'll be doing
- Develop your skills in IT and data analyse
- Work towards completion of the formal apprenticeship programme through NVQ framework
- Assist in the gathering of data from various systems and software tools
- Assist in the creation and distribution of management information reports
- Working with clients to understand their unique reporting requirements
- Working with large data sets
- Effective record keeping, filing and updating KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Produce timely and accurate internal reports as agreed with line manager
- Provide general administration support to line manager and wider team
Who we're looking for
- Strong interest in IT and in developing your analysis skills
- Good existing level of IT and computing skills
- Communication, interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Strong desire for personal development
- Time management
- Good problem solving skills
- Results focused and driven
- Minimum of 2 A Levels or a completed Advanced Apprenticeship
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.