When you join Saga, you will see that we are committed to treating all employees fairly and to offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement.
We value diversity not just because it is the right thing to do, but because diverse teams perform better. Creating a culture in which everyone feels welcome and offering equal opportunities in all aspects of employment and advancement is incredibly important to us.
[Fair consideration is given to applications from all applicants, including those with disabilities. If you need support at any point with your application please let us know as we will be happy to help.]
Learn more about the Saga business by watching our Saga plc results for the financial year 2018/2019.
When you join Saga, we welcome you with open arms and we fuel your career possibilities. We support. We encourage. We champion you to reach your full potential.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join the Business MI unit in Saga Services Ltd Finance.
You will be providing the business with guidance on consolidation and streamlining data provision to ensure department and operational efficiency. You'll bring experience with SQL/PL.
And in return, you can look forward to all of the responsibility and involvement of an integral role, providing you with a rewarding and fast paced career with an excellent benefits package including life assurance, pension, high street and online discounts, and concessions for holidays and travel.
If this sounds like a role for you, then keep reading...
- Maintaining and distributing reporting and MI to various business functions and stakeholders
- Designing and building regular reporting for use across the business
- Investigating any discrepancies in the MI and KPIs being used, to provide highly accurate data for the business to utilise
- Working with the business to understand and capture their reporting requirements
- Delivering actionable reporting to the business utilising SQL and analytics tools
- Providing the business with guidance on consolidation and streamlining data provision to ensure department and operational efficiency
- Constructively confront internal database structures and highlighting barriers to delivering effective reporting
- Reviewing and making recommendations on infrastructure and technologies used, always striving for continuous improvement and sustainability
- Analysing data and MI to make strategic recommendations
- Creation and maintenance of accurate dashboards and reporting packs for effective consumption by stakeholders
The desired skills and qualities to apply:
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience with SQL and / or PL / SQL
- Strong numerical and statistical capabilities
- Comfortable working with large data sets
- Experience in providing a business with trend analysis to support it in increasing revenue, controlling cost and/or improving customer journeys
- Proactive in identifying solutions and making recommendations for change
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering quality
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in working with Business Intelligence tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Should be an excellent communicator (written and verbal) capable of getting their points across to both technical and business representatives at all levels of the organisation
- High level critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to detect and resolve problems
- Strong attention to detail
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
Desired Education and Qualifications:
- Good standard of secondary education
- Willingness to work towards professional qualification in Data Analysis
Starts at around £19,000 per annum, moving up-to £25,000, dependent on experience.
Benefits: [The standard benefits when you join Saga include:]
- Option to purchase a further 5 days annual leave per year
- Free private medical insurance after 1 years’ service
- AXA Be Supported
- Apples Nursery (Folkestone only and on a waiting list basis)
- Free fruit
- Give as you earn
- Free eye tests
- Honeymoon benefit
- Salary finance
- Discounts on Saga holidays and insurance products
- A range of reductions and offers from leading retailers, travel groups and entertainment companies
- Long service awards
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.