Pullman, part of the Wincanton Group, is the largest independent provider of Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Fleet Management in the UK with an enviable track record stretching back over 30 years. We have a national network of over 30 HGV/LCV service centres, over 150 mobile service vans and in excess of 600 trained technicians. Offering service excellence, we are trusted by many of the UK’s largest commercial fleet operators to keep their businesses on the move.
As well as repairing all makes and variants of commercial vehicles, Pullman is a leading player in transport refrigeration and tail lift servicing. We also have a national customer service centre, which operates 24/7/365 to provide ‘best in class’ fleet management solutions, as well as outstanding roadside assistance services for commercial fleets.
Our people are the driving force behind the success of our business and we have a team approach with a real passion for delivering excellence to our customers and innovatively developing our business in partnership with existing and potential customers… we’re one step ahead.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, flexible and highly motivated individual to work within the Finance Team at our Pullman’s division whilst completing a level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship.
The role provides business user support for all Finance Systems including Oracle eBusiness Suite r12, Weir Finance System among others. Alongside you will be completing a level 4 Data Analyst apprenticeship Programme.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting and migrating data to/from a range of internal and external systems
- Manipulate and link different data sets as required
- Interpret and apply the organisations data and information security standards, policies and procedures to data management activities
- Collect and compile data from different sources
- Understand the extraction methods and support the extraction of data from primary sources
- Perform database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis
- Perform routine statistical analyses and ad-hoc queries
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Work directly with multiple business stakeholders to elicit and understand MI requirements
- Assist production of performance dashboards and reports
- Assist with data quality checking and cleansing
- Apply the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation
- Assist with the production of a range of ad-hoc and standard data analysis reports
- Summarise and present the results of data analysis to a range of stakeholders making recommendations
- Works with the organisation's data architecture
- Extracting and analysing data from back-office systems using Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL Developer and other available data analysis tools.
Desirable skills, qualities and experience:
- Able to deliver a high standard of performance maintaining focus on meeting critical timeliness & targets whilst working under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and the confidence to deal with a varied nature and volume of telephone calls
- Ability to influence and gain the trust of a compact team, whilst providing flexibility, reliability and providing adhoc cover if required
- Sound knowledge of the HGV environment, who will be expected to maintain a level of productivity, through a recognised formal training program
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Office Systems (Excel, Access) - VBA for applications, Power Query and SQL a bonus
- GCSE English & Maths A-C or equivalent
- A-Level or L3 Apprenticeship in ICT
A full-time / permanent role will be available for a driven individual upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.