Data Analyst Apprentice (Level 4) - Birmingham (B2 4) - 7095
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
- Birmingham remove
Great Britain’s gambling industry is in a constant state of change, fuelled by shifting consumer behaviour and the rapid growth of technology. This is a uniquely challenging and evolving environment, and we are looking for the right people to ensure that we can meet the demands of both a market, which is growing in complexity and our developing regulatory remit.
We have a growing ambition to be data-driven, and use new technology and analytical techniques to enhance the way we meet our objectives: making sure the gambling market is fair and transparent, that vulnerable people and children are protected and that gambling is free of crime and disorder.
The Data Analyst Apprentice (Level 4) will join the Data programme, and will apply their skills to real business and strategic problems across the Commission. The role is being offered on a 2 year fixed term contract.
You will be encouraged to use innovative approaches, challenge the status quo and help unlock the value in our data.
The successful candidate will be highly numerate, with a curiosity to find answers and engage others in their findings.
Main role / Responsibilities [will include but not be limited to]:
- Gain knowledge of the gambling market and our client's teams, processes and policies
- Source, access, manipulate and apply analytical processes to explore and prepare analysis of data using appropriate Business Intelligence (BI) tools to visualise and present findings to a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Leverage the value of data to aid evidence-based policy and strategic / operational decision making by working with a wide range of stakeholders; use a variety of analysis and business intelligence tools whilst complying with relevant analytical standards
- Apply critical thinking to understand organisational data needs, develop analytical solutions and work effectively within multi-discipline teams to implement them
- Support development and implementation of the corporate data model and master data management arrangements
- Contribute to creation of data flows to connect operational systems, data for analytics and business intelligence systems
Desired qualities, skills and experiences:
- Excellent numerical and analytical ability and attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience with one or more coding languages (ideally R or Python)
- Passion for innovation and change within the data environment
- Strong work ethic and integrity
Desired qualification requirements:
Minimum guaranteed entry requirements to ensure aptitude and success are:
- Level 3 Qualification/A-Level Qualifications – Preferably in a similar or related subject
- Minimum 5 GCSEs A-C (Including Maths and English)
- Residency in EU for 2 Years +
- Aptitude test conducted by the employer
5 days per week,
Monday – Friday,
37 per week, including core hours 10am-4pm,
[all details will be confirmed with the employer]
Approx. £18,000 per annum to start.
Same salary uplift and bonus arrangements as for existing colleagues, subject to satisfactory job and qualification performance.
Once qualified, and subject to satisfactory performance in the role, you will be placed onto the Data Analyst salary band which currently starts at £22,00 per annum. On completion of the two-year fixed term, you will be supported to find a permanent role within the Gambling Commission, subject to a suitable role being available and appointment through open competition.
Benefits of the role:
- Modern open plan offices 1 minute from New Street Station
- Salary advances for seasonal travel passes
- Access to Civil Service pension scheme
- Generous holidays
- Flexible working hours within the day
- Great technology that enables employees to work from home
- Dress down approach (unless specific circumstances occur)
- Free bike storage, showers, tea, coffee, fruit
- Out of hours social activities
- And other flexible benefits
We offer a great place to work, filled with interesting challenges and talented and knowledgeable colleagues. The opportunities for learning are endless and the culture of cooperation and support will help colleagues achieve their full potential.
QA stress that whilst the successful completion of an apprenticeship doesn’t guarantee permanent employment, 92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment within the company supporting their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.Application closed