The job in a nutshell…
Home Group builds homes for sale and affordable rent and in this role, you will learn how to provide and analyse the data and reporting to monitor what we’ve built, what we’re going to build and how sales are going. You’ll also work learn how to present this data to the teams and services who use it to inform how they work. You’ll predominantly work within our Property Development function but will also experience working in other areas of Home Group where data drives our business.
As you build a wide range of skills to be brilliant at your job, you will also be fully funded to achieve a Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship which incorporating two core academic knowledge modules; Data Analysis Tools and Data Analysis Concepts. On completion you will also be eligible to apply for registration onto the Register of IT Technicians.
What success will look like…
You’ll be part of a team that delivers a brilliant service across Development and Home Group more broadly. You will be successful when you:
- Learn the job role and develop related work experience throughout the apprenticeship duration
- Complete the apprenticeship qualification within agreed timeframes
- Work well with colleagues and show a willingness to learn, develop and progress your career with Home Group
- Help us develop great reporting and analysis tools for use within Development, the wider business and with external partners.
The apprenticeship will also help you to learn how to:
- Build new reports that provide management information and insight to the department.
- Replace existing manual excel based reporting with automated reporting solutions.
- Develop a framework of reporting that allows stakeholders to ask and answer ad-hoc queries themselves.
- Create tools and analysis to enable better decision making and improve tracking and communication of outcomes to evidence our successes
- Identify, collect and migrate data to/from a range of internal and external systems
You’ll already have these brilliant skills, qualifications and knowledge…
- - A levels or equivalent (which might be another Level 3 qualification, like for example an Apprenticeship or BTEC or another relevant qualifications) or experience and related practical experience in a business environment
- 5 G.C.S.E grades A*- C; including English and Maths
- Good numerical skills in order to analyse data
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Some great IT skills, particularly Excel and the ability to learn quickly how to use our data systems
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on your own initiative with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work between several departments and develop brilliant relationships
- Ability prioritise workloads and thrive under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A readiness to learn how to produce clear and concise reports that take data and present it in an easily accessible way.
- Attention to detail and focus on quality, with an ability to detect where data errors are affecting reporting.
We’d also love you to have, or be brilliant at… (but don’t worry if not)
It is really important that you have a big interest to work in a business environment and commitment to your personal and professional development. But hey….this is an apprenticeship so just be willing to have a go, try new things and learn loads!
We’re all accountable for…
Health and Safety of our ourselves and others; put simply this includes taking the time to complete all learning, understanding your role-specific responsibilities, working with reasonable care and taking steps to address and report problems related to Health and Safety.
Taking a proactive approach to your learning and development in order to be the best you can be. This includes understanding and keeping up to date with all of our relevant policies and processes as well as taking advantage of all the learning opportunities and resources available to you … they’re there for a reason but don’t worry, we’ll help keep you informed along the way.
Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion as a top priority at Home Group; leading by example in your actions and demonstrating our Brilliant People behaviours.
Keeping things compliant! You’ll have role-specific and organisational goals but it’s important you take these seriously and keep people and information secure and safe within the scope of doing your bit here at Home Group.