Low Carbon Contracts Company (LCCC) was established to be the counterpart to Contracts for Difference (CFDs), a new incentive designed by Government to bring forward the investment needed to sustainably deliver the UK’s goals for renewable and other low carbon electricity.
**PLEASE NOTE THE LCCC ARE MOVING TO CANARY WHARF IN JUNE 2021**
The Data Apprentice focuses on good data management, by creating and maintaining a “single version of the truth” and supporting development and maintenance of reliable solutions to store and manage key data.
The role also supports the design and build of business intelligence which is aimed at delivering key insights in an effective, automated and reliable way. The role will be supporting creation, development and maintenance of reports / dashboards in Microsoft Power BI, supporting LCCC’s strategic objective to become a Centre of Expertise.
The role also supports work with a range of stakeholders across LCCC to ensure business requirements are fully understood and the data is presented to the business in a simple and engaging way.
The Data and Analytics Apprentice will support good data governance through the maintenance of documents outlining principles and processes.
- Support design, development and maintenance of LCCCs databases and data warehouse ensuring reliable data across the organisation
- Source, model and provide reliable data in a form that is ready for report / dashboard building
- Support data governance through the supervised drafting of process documents
- Contribute to and maintain key data governance and management artefacts e.g. Logical Data Model & Flow Diagram, Data Dictionary, KPI Catalogue.
- Identify patterns, anomalies and structure of data (using appropriate tools e.g. SQL) in preparation for Extract Transformation and Load
- With support, write ETL data validation and data reconciliation queries
- Apply dimensional data modelling concepts and practices to develop conceptual, logical and physical data models to support insight delivery
- Identify data quality issues through data profiling, analysis and stakeholder engagement
Desirable skills / Personal qualities:
- Be curious about how things link together
- Willingness to learn and change
- Hard working
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Must have 7 GCSE’s A-C grade, plus A Levels or BTEC Extended Diploma in an IT subject.
Possibility to gain a full time role once the apprenticeship is successfully completed.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.