Our data centre, cloud solutions and applications are used by organisations where data security and reliability are paramount. We help our customers cut costs, improve operational excellence and adopt emerging technologies which will have a real impact on their organisation. An award winning, Ofsted outstanding apprenticeship from QA - 94% go onto full-time jobs.
Apprenticeship job role:
- Excellent communication skills, presenting this information in an honest, positive and confidence-building manner.
- Ability to manage different priorities at the same time without direct supervision;
- Ability to understand and track a standard operational procedure.
- Ability to analyse data in order to recognise differences that impact on the Data Centre and understand trends
- Tact and diplomacy both with colleagues and external customers.
- Tech Qualification
- Passes in Higher English, Maths,
- Able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and able to work on their own initiative
- Health and Safety aware
- Respectful of colleagues and customers
- Desire to succeed
Skills required for this apprenticeship:
The purpose of the role is to work autonomously but under the supervsion and Management of the Data Centre Manager.The successful candidate will be responsible for all of the infrastructure cabling.Build the infrastructure of the rack from the visio diagram. Be responsible for the installion of the power to the racks in the Data Centre.The successful candidate will also be required to undertake some facility duties.
Scotland - You must have at least 5 standard grades at level 1-3, or equivalent, including Maths and English
Training to be provided:
Scotland - Systems &Networking Apprenticeship Level 3 - | ( MCSA)in Windows 7 Configuration | Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 | Diploma for Information Technology &Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6
37.5 hours ( Monday - Friday, 9 - 5: 30)
About QA apprenticeships:
QA Apprenticeships is an Ofsted Outstanding provider of IT apprenticeships. 94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Multi-award winning - Apprenticeship Programme of the Year 2012, 2013 &2014, Microsoft UK Partner of the Year 2013 Special Commendation - and the first IT apprenticeships business rated Ofsted Outstanding in all areas.
94% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship.Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note:This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.