Degree Apprentice 2020 - Software Developer – MANCHESTER
Do you want to be a part of the teams that are crafting the exciting future of our customers' technology? Using Agile ways of working you will design, build, and support our customer’s technology in the Cloud. As part of our team you will specialise in Cloud Native Engineering and Cloud Solution Architecture. You will work with our customers to discover innovative ways to move their infrastructure and apps to the Cloud.
Our teams deploy state of the art functionality on cloud platforms and the emerging DevOps toolsets to deliver extraordinary results for our customers. You will be given the chance to build on your technical skills in new technologies and to apply this knowledge in interesting and meaningful customer projects. These roles provide an excellent chance to create a career in an area that is fundamental to future growth of our business.
Alongside your role, you will study for a Degree Apprenticeship in BSc Hons Digital and Technology Solutions at Manchester Metropolitan University. 80% of your time will be spent on the job with 20% of your time dedicated to your studies, during term time this will be on Campus one day per week at Manchester Met.
You do not need to have a background in STEM all we ask is that you have a passion to learn and develop your skills in an exciting and innovative area for Fujitsu.
The starting salary for this Degree Apprenticeship is £20,000 and throughout the four years on the programme you will receive yearly pay increases dependent on performance in your role and your studies at university.
Within Fujitsu you will receive lots of support to allow you to perform to the best of your ability in your role with us. You will be line managed and will also receive coaching and mentoring from employees within the business.
Salary and Benefits:
- Tuition fees paid by Fujitsu
- Competitive starting salary (£20,000)
- Structured annual pay rise according to performance
- Additional salary uplift upon completion of degree
- Funding for books
- Where appropriate, travel to university to be paid
- 25 days annual leave
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible benefits
- 280 UCAS Points (or equivalent) (112 in new Tariff)
- Grade C/Level 4 or above in English and Math’s GCSE
- Experience in or an interest in IT
- You cannot already have a degree qualification in the IT and Digital environment as this Degree Apprenticeship is designed to enable learning of new skills.
Please note, you can only apply for one Degree Apprentice role. Any multiple applications for different roles will be rejected by the recruitment team.