Degree Apprenticeship 2017
- Higher Apprenticeship
CIVIL ENGINEERING, BUILDING SERVICES ENGINEERING
Salary: Competitive plus 25 days annual leave
We can offer you the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most exciting engineering and design projects. We invest in your learning and development and we value the ideas and innovation you could bring to our work. So, if you’re ready, we can’t wait to get you involved.
First though, we thought you’d like to know how our apprenticeship programme works. An apprenticeship enables you to earn a salary whilst you are studying for nationally recognised qualifications. You’ll get to work alongside and learn from our experts who have a wide range of knowledge, capability and experiences to share with you with a programme designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be a competent Engineering Technician.
All in a Day’s work
There’s no such thing as a typical day at WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff. Your role will be varied and your learning will be fast paced. One day can be completely different to the next. You will have the opportunity to learn new skills using specialist software suited to the area of the business you are working in, such as AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit.
You may be involved with taking concepts, ideas and designs from an architect or engineer and creating drawings using the software to match those given. If you’re pulling together packages of drawings you might need to print, trim and fold these to be sent off to site or the client. Where practical, you’ll get the opportunity to visit site and see the projects you’ve been working on, coming to life.
What you’ll need
* You’ll be in your final year or recently completed either you’re A-Levels or BTEC with either three A-Levels CCC (or equivalent)
with at least a grade C minimum in either physics, maths or further maths or one BTEC Diploma (Level 3) at grades DD in an
engineering related subject
* You’ll have five GCSE’s grade C or Level 5 or above which must include English, Maths, Science and a technology related
subject with at least a B or Level 5 or above in Maths
* You’ll be enthusiastic with the curiosity and creativity to think outside of the box
* You’ll want to stretch and inspire us, speaking up about any new ideas you have
* You’ll know it is important to keep everyone in the loop and will demonstrate this through excellent communication skills
* You’ll enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas and collaborating with colleagues
What you’ll get from us
We understand that all apprentices are different. Therefore, we tailor your training and development to help you to achieve your own personal goals. You’ll undertake a supervised programme of in-company training and university teaching.You’ll study towards one of the following technical knowledge qualifications that run over a five year period on either a block or day release basis with a training provider (usually a local university);
* Building Services Engineering Technician Degree Apprenticeship
* Civil Engineering Degree Apprenticeship Benefits
Across our offices in the UK, we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture. One of the key ways that we celebrate this is through our social committees and the events they organise. Some of these events have included office Olympics; go karting outings, BBQs and opera trips.
You could also become part of our Professional Growth Network (PGN). The PGN is a networking group run by early career professionals for early career professionals. It helps to grow your network of contacts across the UK business as well as providing you with opportunities for extra experience to support you in achieving chartered status or other professional accreditations. PGN activities include lunchtime talks, site visits, inter-office quizzes and sporting events.
We also offer a comprehensive wider benefits package which includes:
* Reduced rates on gadget insurance
* Cheaper gym memberships and Tastecards
* A standard 25 day annual leave allowance plus Bank Holidays and the flexibility to buy and
sell annual leave
* The Cycle to Work Scheme (which entitles you to a tax free bike)
* 2 paid days a year to be used for volunteering activities
* The option to purchase additional benefits such as dental care, personal accident cover, and
holiday or life insurance at reduced rates
* Employee Assistance Programme – EAP is a confidential life management and personal support service which offers you free access to specialist advice in areas such as legal, financial, personal and family matters including bereavement and counselling services.
Our Future Ready programme is helping our clients prepare for future realities of increasing energy prices, more severe weather events, growing urban populations, and prioritising connectivity and flexibility, among many other factors.
We are not just helping our clients be future ready; we can also make your career future ready. Our apprenticeship programme is just the beginning. At the end of the programme we will help you to reflect on what you have learned and discuss how you want to move forward with your career at WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff. You will continue to benefit from mentor support with the opportunity to go onto further study.
What you’ll be part of
We’re one of the leading professional services consultancy firms in the world within the built and natural environment, employing over 36,500 people globally and over 7,100 in the UK. Our people include engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, programme and construction management professionals, and environmental experts. Our mission is to be a solution-driven advisor with outstanding expertise and our vision is to always be the first choice for clients, partners and employees.