Employer: Marsh Ltd
Wage: £0.00 Per Week
Hours: 37.50 Per Week
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions. We help clients quantify and manage risk - and help them unlock new opportunities for growth. Marsh is showcasing how apprenticeships work for individuals, employers, the community, and the wider economy.Our Apprenticeship Programme offers comprehensive on-the-job and soft skills training with the opportunity to gain a professional qualification.
Our Marsh Apprenticeship Scheme in a number of our UK offices ( Norwich, Aberdeen, Belfast, Edinburgh, Maidstone, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Reading, Birmingham) starting in September/October 2019, will give you the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients. This programme will provide you with a solid foundation in the insurance industry and the chance to study for professional qualifications!
- With a strong focus on delivering outstanding customer service, you will work with a range of clients from independent traders to national, blue-chip corporations, to meet their insurance requirements and risk management solutions. Partnering with and supporting colleagues (including Client Managers and Executives), you will provide assistance with insurance queries and renewals, document issues and case planning. We also have other opportunities focused on data management, Management Information and Analytics if this is an alternative route you wish to consider.
- A Typical Day Could Include:
- Contributing to the achievement of own and departmental targets, key performance indicators and business objectives.
- Researching ways to resolve issues and achieve the best possible outcome for Marsh and its clients.
- Managing and prioritising workload to meet deadlines while maintaining high standard and integrity of service to Marsh Business Divisions and external clients.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with Marsh colleagues, clients and external parties
- Proactively managing tasks in accordance with specific client requirements and in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Producing and maintaining accurate documentation and financial records.
- Contribute to internal and external meetings and support projects or enquiries
- A Level or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 120 UCAS points (new tariff) or 240 UCAS points (old tariff)
- Grade C (4) or above in GCSEs or equivalent in Maths (essential), English (essential) and ICT (desirable)