Fujitsu are looking to recruit young talent to join our Degree Apprenticeship Scheme in September 2020 within our Defence and National Security area of the business based in Basingstoke.
Working with a wide range of customers, both in Government and in associated industries you are assured a varied and interesting role with the opportunity to gain experience across different types of projects and technologies. Within the business unit we have a thriving community of Apprentices and Graduates, where you will have the opportunity to mix with a wide variety of people, share experiences and get support from people who understand exactly what is required of you. You will also get the opportunity to participate Responsible business activities and assist at high profile customer events.
The Fujitsu Degree Apprenticeship is a 4-year scheme, giving you the opportunity to earn whilst studying towards your BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree with Winchester University.
The degree will be delivered through taught sessions at the University of Winchester one day per week with the rest of your time spent on the job with 20% of your time dedicated to your studies.
Towards the end of your degree you will have a period of specialisation with a dissertation and project to complete at work linked to business requirements. Each module you study will match up to the business area within Fujitsu that you will be working in, ensuring you are receiving work-based learning that is relevant to your course.
We have many roles available within Defence and National Security, so we have no doubt that you will find an area that interests you. Roles available are:
- Software Development
- Technical Services Support
Within Fujitsu you will receive lots of support to allow you to perform to the best of your ability in your role with us. You will be line managed and will also receive coaching and mentoring from employees within the business.
Salary and Benefits:
- Tuition fees paid by Fujitsu
- Competitive starting salary (£20,000)
- Structured annual pay rise according to performance
- Additional salary uplift upon completion of degree
- Funding for books
- Where appropriate, travel to university to be paid
- 25 days annual leave
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Flexible benefits
- 280 UCAS Points (or equivalent) (112 in new Tariff)
- Grade C/Level 4 or above in English and Math’s GCSE
- Experience in or an interest in IT
- Specific areas of interest include; Testing, Software Development and Networking
- Ability to hold a UK government Security Clearance
Please note, you can only apply for one Degree Apprentice role. Any multiple applications for different roles will be rejected by the recruitment team.