Degree Apprenticeship - Aerospace - Atkins - Bristol
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Distance Learning
- Aviation & Aeronautics
- Security Industry
- Cyber Security
What we can offer
Do you want to get paid for gaining a degree apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting for apprentice engineers for our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology business. The opportunity will be based in our Bristol office (The Hub).
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the aerospace and defence challenges of the future. Our apprentice programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Could you be part of our future?
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams to support engineers in creating ground breaking designs for all kinds of projects including areas such as:
- Aircraft Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Submarine design support
- Human factors
- Project Management
- Safety and Supportability
- Software Engineering
During your apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. You’ll study towards a Level 6 foundation degree qualification within the aerospace / mechanical discipline, with options for further learning. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team getting involved with all kinds of projects whilst learning something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
- At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including a minimum of a grade B OR 6 in Mathematics and a C OR 4 in English Language
- Three A Levels Grade C or above (ideally one being in a STEM related subject) OR alternatively a BTEC level three with a minimum of two A levels (C and above) OR equivalent
- The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- A practical mind, that you’re self-motivated and reliable as you’ll be expected to work across different locations on a variety of projects
What to do next?
- Initial closing date: Monday 18th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible. Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from December 2017 onwards.