Degree Apprenticeship - BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
Want to earn while you learn?
At CGI we’re offering you a unique opportunity to be part of something exciting and earn while you learn on our BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship. We’re a company that each day enables the transfer of £3 trillion, protects against 43 million cyber-attacks, drives two thirds of the world’s SMS messages, support the missions of more than 200 satellites and who employs 74,000 professionals from hundreds of locations worldwide.
Right now we are on the lookout for talent – students and school leavers, people who are passionate about technology and hungry to learn. You’ll be proving yourself from day one – solving problems, taking responsibility, making decisions, working on classified mission-critical projects. And with open-ended prospects for advancement, you’ll have every opportunity to reach the top.
What you’ll get
We offer our BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions at Aston University and Winchester University. During our Degree Apprenticeship, you can shape and develop your career throughout the course of the programme then continue with us after graduation. You’ll also benefit from a competitive starting salary, fully paid tuition fees and all the support you need to succeed.
With our sponsorship, you won’t have to pay a single penny in tuition fees and we’ll even provide the course resources and materials required, so there’s no need to worry about textbooks either. You can also use your laptop you are given when you join CGI to use at University. Individuals who participate in the scheme are able to access the same learning opportunities as those who go down the traditional route of direct entry into college or university.
- You’ll study towards a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree (Business or IT focus) at the University of Winchester one day a week and spend the other four developing your career at CGI
- The duration of the course is 3 years and you will study on-site at university one day per week and spend the other 4 days developing your career at CGI.
- We have two programmes; one that is technical, designed for those who want to pursue an IT/Computing career and another with a business focus for those that are interested in Business Management and Project Management careers.
- You could be based from our Reading, London or Surrey (Leatherhead) offices. Occasionally, we may have roles in London. As CGI is a consultancy, your projects could be based from other locations asides from your base location, and you should therefore be prepared for travel in your role.
- You’ll study towards a BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions degree (Business or IT focus) at Aston University as well as remotely, whilst also developing your career at CGI
- The course duration is 4 and a half years and you’ll study at Aston University as well as remotely whilst developing you career at CGI.
- The Aston Programme is sponsored by our Energy, Utilities and Telecoms (EUT) area of the business and you could be based from our Birmingham, Leatherhead, London or Reading offices.
- You could be based from our Birmingham offices. Occasionally, we may have roles in London. As CGI is a consultancy, your projects could be based from other locations asides from your base location, and you should therefore be prepared for travel in your role.
Due to the nature of our business, you work on ‘projects’. This means you have the opportunity to work across a wide range of roles, industries and locations, there is no ‘typical day’. You could work in everything from Space and Defence to Bid Management, Programming and Project Management to name a few.
The best thing about joining us is that while you may start in one of these areas, the opportunity to move internally is huge, so you can take control of your career from your first day. Our undergraduates have worked on top-secret national security projects, played their part in securing Europe’s major satellites, and helped win multi-million pound contracts. It really does vary at CGI and that’s the exciting thing, it is up to you to shape and develop your career in the direction you want to go with the support of others.
To support you, you will have designated managers who will look after you on a day-to-day basis and be on hand to support you with your career development and professional conduct at CGI. You will also have a ‘Buddy’ which is a current or graduated student of a school leaver programme to help you with anything else you may need.
The BSc (Hons) Digital & Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship covers the key concepts and competencies in digital and technology management. You will gain the knowledge, skills and insights that are key in the industry today and in the future. Using industry specific technology and equipment, you will also develop the technical, business, interpersonal and behavioural knowledge and skills to operate professionally in the workplace.
- To have or be predicated to achieve at least 120 UCAS points across three A-Levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above (excluding General Studies) gained in the same academic year or a completed Advanced IT Apprenticeship.
- A minimum of five A*-C GCSEs (or equivalent), including English, Maths and Science. For the IT focused programmes, your A-Levels (or equivalent e.g. Scottish Nationals, BTEC etc) should include an IT related subject, unless you can show strong technical (programming/development) ability through work experience or extra-curricular activities.
- Our School Leaver Programmes are designed for candidates with A-Levels (or equivalent e.g. Scottish Nationals, BTEC etc) who do not yet have a degree. If you are working towards a degree, or already have one, please see our Industrial Placement and Graduate Programmes.
Please note: We will need to see original certificates for all qualifications. Due to UK Government security requirements we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the unrestricted right to live and work in the United Kingdom, and have lived in the United Kingdom for a minimum of 5 years with no breaks of 28 days or more.