Degree apprenticeship - construction management - Faithful+Gould - North West region
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Employment & Training
- Professional Qualifications
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Distance Learning
- Project Management
- Estate and Property Management
What we can offer
Do you want to get paid for gaining a degree apprenticeship qualification and learning on the job? And would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in the business on some of the most critical challenges of our time, from the world’s tallest hotel to London’s Heathrow Airport and the Freedom Tower in New York? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Faithful+Gould as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting apprentices for our North-West region. The opportunity will be based out of our Leeds office for a construction / project management apprentice.
During your Level 6 apprenticeship no two days will ever be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Faithful+Gould. The programme involves a day release of web based learning (lectures, presentations, webinars and structured assessments), but you are also expected to spend time on your own. This self-study time is to review lecture notes, prepare course work assignments, work on projects and revise for assessments. You’ll study towards a Level 6 qualification within surveying.
Apprentices will assist other project managers on several projects. The role will include assisting in the completion of the following tasks:
- Identifying and developing the client brief
- Identifying and managing project risks
- Establishing communication and management protocols
- Managing the feasibility and strategy stages
- Establishing the project budget and project programme
- Managing the integration and ﬂow of design information
- Managing the preparation of design and construction programmes
- Conducting tender evaluation and contractor selection
- Controlling, monitoring and reporting on project progress
- Administering consultancy and construction contracts.
This degree produces graduates who possess a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of building or quantity surveying - and the skills and experience which will allow you to analyse complex problems appropriate to role. The learning and development will help you to provide cutting-edge advice and drive you to ask ‘why’ making the world a better place – today and tomorrow.
Who we’re looking for
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
• At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including a minimum of a grade B OR 6 in Mathematics and a C OR 4 in English Language
• Three A Levels Grades C or above (minimum of 230 UCAS points) OR alternatively a BTEC level three with a minimum of two A levels (C and above) OR equivalent
• The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
• Creativity and strong communication skills
• A practical mind, self-motivated and reliable.
What to do next?
• Initial closing date: Monday 18th December 2017. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible. Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from December 2017 onwards.