Degree apprenticeship - digital technologist - Atkins - South West region
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Professional Qualifications
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Cyber Security
What we can offer
Do you want to get paid for gaining a degree apprenticeship qualification with on-the-job mentoring and learning? Would you enjoy solving problems and working with some of the best minds in engineering and design? If the answer is ‘yes’, come and join Atkins as an apprentice and get your career off to the best start possible.
We are currently recruiting for a digital technologist (cyber) in our Plymouth office.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas and by solving the engineering challenges of the future. Our apprentice programme will provide you with the foundations to maximise your full potential.
Could you be part of our future?
Apprentices will work with a variety of teams, join us and you can expect to build you knowledge in a variety of areas such as:
- Analysing a business area, highlighting issues and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Review business and technical requirements and support in recommending appropriate technology solutions
- Using data modelling techniques and standard database management systems
- Carrying out risk assessments for IT systems and proposing a resolution to threats
- Developing skills associate to specialist areas such as software engineer, IT consultant, business analyst, cyber security analyst, data analyst, network engineer
During your apprenticeship, no two days will be the same as you study and work with a variety of teams whilst developing the skills you need to enjoy a great future at Atkins. Spending one day at your local college, you’ll study towards a level 6 qualification, degree apprenticeship. Not only will you learn in the classroom, you’ll enjoy being part of the team as you will get involved with all kinds of projects and learn something new every day.
Who we’re looking for
Enthusiastic, inclusive and committed, you should be curious about the world around you and always want to learn more. To really succeed in the role, you will need to demonstrate that you have:
- At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including a minimum of a grade B OR 6 in Mathematics and a C OR 4 in English Language
- Three A Levels Grade C or above (ideally one being in a STEM related subject) OR alternatively a BTEC level three with a minimum of two A levels (C and above) OR equivalent
- The ability to work in a team, assisting with the planning, design and smooth running of a variety of projects
- Creativity and strong communication skills
- A practical mind, that you’re self-motivated and reliable as you’ll be expected to work across different locations on a variety of projects
What to do next?
- Initial closing date: Monday 29th January 2018. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular so to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) please make your application as soon as possible. Assessment centre dates: Dependent on location, assessment centres will be held from January 2018 onwards.