The job in a nutshell…
At Home Group our in house Legal Team is made up of seven teams working across diverse areas of law including commercial, housing management, property, data protection, development, construction and corporate. As a Solicitor Apprentice you will have the opportunity to work with our experienced team, gaining practical and on the job training in key legal areas.
You will be fully funded to complete, and given time to study towards, a LLB (hons) Degree in Legal Practice. We’ll make sure that what you learn at University, you will get to apply on the job in a commercial and practical way, setting you up to achieve great things in your career at Home Group.
What success will look like…
You’ll be part of a team that delivers a brilliant Legal service across Home Group, helping Home Group to achieve its strategy, protect its assets and minimise risk.
In addition to the legal and practical skills you will develop, you will also have the opportunity to be integral to the business and its processes. The in-house legal team are committed to continuous improvement and helping develop processes to increase collaborative working between all business areas. You will get an insight into and be part of how the legal team interacts with different colleagues and functions and the passion to deliver an excellent service.
During this apprenticeship there will be a strong emphasis on developing the unique requirements to work within this in-house legal team and also developing the associated general business skills that supports this.
You will be successful when you:
- Work well with colleagues and show a willingness to learn, develop and progress your legal career with Home Group
- Complete the degree level qualification and meet all university study requirements within agreed timeframes
- Positively develop business related skills and knowledge
- Confidently give sound commercial and practical legal advice to internal customers and stakeholders
- Support the drive improvements across the legal services team as a whole
You’ll already have these brilliant skills, qualifications and knowledge…
- - 128 to 136 UCAS tariff points (either gained or expected to attain)
- A good GCSE profile including Maths and English Language at minimum grade C (numerical grade 4) or equivalent
- A keen interest in developing legal related knowledge, skills and experience and the business related knowledge that underpins this
- Confident with time management and self-discipline in relation to study and personal development
- Ability to work on your own initiative with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to develop brilliant relationships at all levels
- Ability prioritise workloads and thrive under pressure
- Some great IT skills and ability to learn quickly how to use our systems and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A readiness to learn how to produce clear and concise reports
- Ability to deal with sensitive information, maintaining confidentiality
We’d also love you to have, or be brilliant at… (but don’t worry if not)
It is really important that you are fully committed to work in a fast paced legal environment and keen to develop both personally and professionally. But hey, this is an apprenticeship so just be willing to get stuck in, ask questions, try new things and learn loads!
We’re all accountable for…
Health and Safety of our ourselves and others; put simply this includes taking the time to complete all learning, understanding your role-specific responsibilities, working with reasonable care and taking steps to address and report problems related to Health and Safety.
Taking a proactive approach to your learning and development in order to be the best you can be. This includes understanding and keeping up to date with all of our relevant policies and processes as well as taking advantage of all the learning opportunities and resources available to you … they’re there for a reason but don’t worry, we’ll help keep you informed along the way.
Promoting equality, diversity and inclusion as a top priority at Home Group; leading by example in your actions and demonstrating our Brilliant People behaviours.
Keeping things compliant! You’ll have role-specific and organisational goals but it’s important you take these seriously and keep people and information secure and safe within the scope of doing your bit here at Home Group.