DE&S Engineering Management Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Government and Politics
Earn while you learn!
Have 3 years developing, at our expense, on the DE&S Advanced Apprenticeship scheme. This is an amazing fully paid opportunity to become an engineer with the Ministry of Defence, while also earning yourself a valuable HNC engineering qualification along the way!
How to apply
- Engineering management apprentice: Bristol 2018 (applications are open now on Civil Service Jobs, closing date 18 March 2018)
- Engineering management apprentice: Plymouth 2018 (applications open from 20 November 2017)
Apprentice pay rates
We will be paying you a total of almost £50,000 over your first 3 years with us on the Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme (if you went to university you could incur a debt of £40,000 so you could be at around £90,000 better off over 3 years!):
- Year 1 pay £14,847
- Year 2 pay £15,890
- Year 3 pay £19,016
That’s a total of £49,753.
We offer you:
- probably the most exciting engineering apprenticeship scheme in the UK; giving you the opportunity to work with a huge range of weapons and other defence equipment
- massive investment in your training and development!
- this engineering Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme takes you all the way through to an HNC Engineering qualification, and beyond, at our expense!
- it’s more than a job, it’s an amazing career!
If you have 5 GCSE’s (Grade C or above / Grades 4 to 9) including maths, English, a science or engineering subject and 2 others) you could join this Ministry of Defence, Defence Equipment and Support Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme.
This scheme is the first exciting step in your engineering career with the Ministry of Defence.
MOD projects are fascinating, valuable, unique and sometimes highly classified.
A vital part of the Ministry of Defence (MOD) DE&S procures and maintains all the products and services that the UK’s armed forces need for current and future operations.
A DE&S apprenticeship is a 3 year development programme leading to an office based engineering management role supporting equipment and systems used by the Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and British Army. It enables you to earn while you learn, and provides the basis for a long and varied career.
Watch the video below to find out about the Tom Nevard apprentice competition.
Sign-up or log in to apply