Prestolite Electric Incorporated specializes in the design, development, and production of alternators, starter motors and electrical systems for the heavy duty 12 and 24V commercial, passenger, military, and various niche markets (such as off highway, refrigeration and marine).
You’ll be joining Prestolite Electrical and undertaking an apprenticeship in a rewarding and challenging role using the latest Design Technology and Equipment.
- You will be carrying out designing and developing Prestolites range of products.
- understand material applications and methods of testing (destructive and non- destructive)
- understand Computer Aided Design (CAD) methods and applications understand mathematical techniques, formula and calculations in a product design and development environment
- Specific Specialist Skills read and interpret relevant data and documentation used in the design and development of components, assemblies and produce components and prototypes using a wide range of hand fitting techniques
- produce assemblies and rigs using a range of materials and techniques use mechanical, electrical and electronic testing devices and equipment
- understand material joining applications and system
£ 300 per week
Monday - Friday
Possible Start Date:
Application Close Date:
Maintenance and operations engineering technician (Level 3)
- GCSE English and Maths 4-9/A-C
• Being able to follow instructions.
• Having good communication skills especially on the telephone.
• Being methodical and organised.
• Having good concentration.
• Being able to work to strict deadlines.
- Fully committed to learning the job.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
Training to be Provided
Apprentices will be required to attend college for 1 day per week at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate will support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.
Skilled design engineer / Team Leader / Manager