Desktop Support Engineer Apprentice - Harwell (OX11) - 4551
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Didcot remove
The Satellite Applications Catapult is a Research and Technology Organisation employing skilled and aspiring researchers, technologists and business experts to work together with academic and industrial partners to create applications that make satellites part of every-day life.
The organisation has established itself as an open and innovative environment, cultivating an ethos of knowledge exchange and community engagement, aiming to ensure it is regarded as a world class centre of expertise in its field.
As part of a five-person team the successful candidate will provide IT desktop and AV support for Catapult internal staff and partners.
The Satellite Applications Catapult is an independent innovation and technology company, created to foster growth across the economy through the exploitation of space. We help organisations make use of and benefit from satellite technologies, and bring together multi-disciplinary teams to generate ideas and solutions in an open innovation environment.
- Resolving Catapult staff and contractor Helpdesk queries.
- Rollout of laptops &mobile devices to new starters and rebuilds where necessary
- Creating and updating workstation and laptop images
- User Account, mailbox &Office 365 application support &administration
- Managing security groups and access rights on the Catapult IT Systems
- Supporting the Catapult AV systems including VideoWalls in the Catapult office and Catapult facilities
- Involvement in Catapult IT Projects as and when necessary
- Ensuring all support calls are logged and updated accurately, ensuring the helpdesk is managed effectively.
- Ensuring all IT processes and procedures are followed
- Ensuring all documentation is kept up to date
- Positive and friendly attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Natural interest in Information and Communications technologies
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and use own initiative.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to think outside the box to create pragmatic solutions if necessary
- Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Easy access site from Didcot/Oxford/Abingdon/Wantage etc with regular buses and shuttles.
- On site Costa coffee as well as on-site canteen ( which is pretty awesome) .
- Satellite applications Catapult is at the forefront of Space technology and we are really making an actual difference in the World. Real impact.
- The Apprentice may not be working on stopping illegal fishing but they will have an overview and insight to some amazing projects and make some great connections.
- On top of that, they get 28 days of annual leave +8 days of Bank Holidays,
- Income protection - This is set up to pay you an income in the event that you are long term absent
- Life Insurance - We pay out 4 times your salary to your nominated person( s)in the event of death in service
- Private Medical Insurance - This is provided via AXA PPP and includes travel insurance. If you wish to join the scheme please let me know. We cover the cost for yourself but if you would like to add any dependants I can get quotes for this. Please bear in mind that this is a benefit in kind.
- Pension - We run a Company pension scheme with Scottish Widows and we double any contributions you wish to make up to 5%. This means that you can have 15% going into your pension fund. This is run as a salary sacrifice programme.
- As the team is growing there could also be a permanent position at the end of the Apprenticeship.
QA' s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.