dictate2us - Web/Software Developer
Join dictate2us as a Web/Software developer and help bring their brand to life. If you love coding and learning programmes, this could be the role for you. Assist in the development of effective user interfaces and learn the best practices of software development in this apprenticeship.
dictate2us was established in 2006 to bring high quality, reliable and trusted transcription, translation and typing support services to a large range of sectors. We tailor our services for organisations, institutions and individuals by allocating a specialist with sector-specific experience and expertise to each project. This ensures our customers benefit from a rapid, accurate and user-friendly experience.
- Writing good quality code (logic)
- Assisting in the development of effective user interfaces for at least one channel
- Effectively linking code to existing database/data sets
- Testing code and analysing results to correct errors found using either V-model manual testing and/or using unit testing
- Applying structured techniques to problem solving, debugging code and can understand the structure of programmes in order to identify and resolve issues when required
- Creating simple data models and software designs to effectively communicate understanding of our programs, following best practices and standards
- Understanding and creating basic analysis artefacts, such as user cases and/or user stories
- Operating at all stages of the software development lifecycle, with increasing breadth and depth over time with initial focus on build and test.
- Applying good practice approaches according to the relevant paradigm (for example object oriented, event driven or procedural)
- Interpreting and following software designs and functional/technical specifications − company defined ‘coding standards’ or industry good practice for coding − testing frameworks and methodologies − company, team or client approaches to continuous integration, version and source control
- Responding to the business environment and business issues related to software development
- Operating effectively in the companies business’s, their customers’ and the industry’s environments
Expected skills, attitude and behaviours;
- Keen to learn
- IT Savvy
- A passion for development
- Knowledge in HTML, CSS, Python or Java would be beneficial.
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Can use own initiative
- A thorough and organised approach
- Ability to work with a range of internal and external people
- Ability to communicate effectively in a variety of situations
- Maintain a productive, professional and secure working environment