Start date: September 2022
Application closing date: 20th February, 2022
Join us on a Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprenticeship and you’ll be part of our infrastructure development team at the Land Systems Reference Centre (LSRC).
The LSRC is a land command, control, communications, computers, intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (C4ISR) test centre that was established in 2000. It provides the MoD with a through life ‘Systems of Systems’ test and reference service for deployable land environment communications and information systems (CIS).
The LSRC’s infrastructure development team is recognised for its hard work, dedication and high-quality service delivery work. Their work has resulted in the introduction of new technologies to deliver real productivity benefits to the LSRC.
As an apprentice in this team, you’ll be learning from industry experts, gaining professional working experience and earning a regular salary, while you study towards a BEng (Hons) in Digital and Technology Solutions, without any fees.
What you will be doing
Throughout this 4-year apprenticeship, you’ll likely spend two days per week at university and three days a week applying your knowledge as part of the Airbus team. You’ll develop a relevant range of network and infrastructure-related skills and be supported throughout your degree, which will include modules like:
- Server and storage infrastructure design principles
- Network solution architecture
- Principles of infrastructure architecture
- Database design and management principles
- Product life cycle management principles and implementation
- Infrastructure support principles
- Test Automation and Control principles and deployment
- Cable infrastructure architecture and implementation principles.
- COTS product use cases and deployment scenarios
- Radio Systems
- Requirements capture processes
- Service transition and delivery modelling.
While on site in Blandford, you’ll work within the skilled infrastructure development group. This groups is part of our change delivery team and it’s responsible for the identification and delivery of all new capabilities within the LSRC.
The team undertakes research and analysis of new infrastructure technologies, assessing how they could be deployed within the LSRC, benefit our MoD customer, and the wider Airbus business. The outcome of this work is incorporating these technologies into the design, development and support of state-of-the-art test capabilities and deployable environments.
To be eligible for this apprenticeship, you must have a minimum of:
- 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Grade 4/C in English and Mathematics
- A-Levels (or equivalent) in Maths and at least one further STEM-based subject such as Physics, ICT, Computing or Electronics, or
- Equivalent qualifications.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- A keen interest in telecommunications systems, their technologies and allied subjects such as Information Security
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
As an Airbus apprentice, you’ll be working on real projects while you’re studying to achieve your qualifications. That’s why we make sure you’re properly rewarded for the work you do. You’ll be entitled to:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave including bank holidays
- 35-hour working week
- Access to an independent, 24-hour confidential counselling service.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It… Count!
Please ensure that a cover letter detailing your suitability for and motivation to join this apprenticeship programme is included in your application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.