Start date: September 2022
Application closing date: 20th February, 2022
The Digital and Technology Solutions team at Airbus are integral to the reliability and efficiency of our IT industrial landscape.
Join us as a Digital and Technology Solutions Degree Apprentice and you’ll be working within a multi-disciplinary team on products and solutions that enhance the way we work. This could include improving the stability and scalability of our systems, driving the adoption of best practices, and developing new solutions to emerging problems.
This unique 3-to-4-year degree apprenticeship offers a full degree with no fees, plus vocational training with a regular salary. Through this programme you will achieve a BSc (Hons) Applied Data Science via our partner Bangor University and Grwp Llandrillo Menai, and gain professional working experience at our world-leading aircraft manufacturer site in Broughton, North Wales.
What you will be doing
Throughout your apprenticeship, you will be based within the Information Management or Digital Operations teams who support systems for manufacturing engineering, maintenance, design, future production and shop floor operations. You could also work with our IT security teams and software development teams too, engaging in all phases of IT product development to build and assemble high-quality code on both commercial off-the-shelf and custom-built applications.
You’ll learn key skills in Applied Data Science and will have the opportunity to apply real world analytical practices which will support your learning while adding value to our business, including:
- Participating in all product development lifecycle phases, such as the analysis, design, test and integration of IT products
- Participating and in some cases leading, data analytics projects to improve our manufacturing performance
- Developing design specifications and parameters that comply with products' architectural blueprints
- Managing the adoption of tooling and industry best practices amongst the development teams
- Researching, evaluating and developing new tools to improve IT product development efficiency
- Assembling and editing source code repositories to develop a software stacks for the IT product needs
- Deploying highly available, scalable, maintainable, monitored systems and services
- Project management / client work, involving gathering requirements, creating technical specifications and architecture documents, creating and maintaining documentation and managing a project timeline
- Assisting in development of product user manuals.
This is an ideal role for someone with a keen interest in ICT, digital technology, internet of things, mobile apps, data analytics and technology watching/trend monitoring.
To be eligible for this apprenticeship you must have a minimum of either:
- 3 A-Levels as Grade C or above, preferably in Maths, Sciences and IT
- BTEC L3 Extended Diploma in an IT/Digital subject, at minimum MMM grade; or
- Equivalent qualifications.
Please note that, due to the funded nature of this programme, applicants with undergraduate degrees in computing/IT are not eligible.
We also look for candidates who have:
- Some previous work experience
- The ability to work well in a team, as well as focus on your own self development
- Experience or knowledge of IT product design and development
- Good acumen for mathematics and statistics
- The ability to manage problems, produce documentation, and complete testing
- An understanding of information and knowledge management.
As an Airbus apprentice, you’ll be working on real projects while you’re studying to achieve your qualifications. That’s why we make sure you’re properly rewarded for the work you do. You’ll be entitled to:
- A competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave including bank holidays
- 35-hour working week
- Access to an independent, 24-hour confidential counselling service.
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It… Count!
Please ensure that a cover letter telling us why you’re suitable for and motivated to join this apprenticeship programme is included in your application.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org.