One IT Support is a growing and evolving small business focusing on providing Managed Services to business clients from all sectors.
The company was founded in 2011 and has continued to grow since, with 100% client retention.
Based in North Shields, the office is situated in a friendly town centre, with easy access to major routes to Newcastle and the surrounding areas.
As a Level 4 Apprentice, you will join our small team and work closely with other staff.
Key Responsibilities of the Apprentice:
- You will be required to think on your feet to resolve client’s issues to their satisfaction, even with issues that are undocumented, or you have not previously seen. Due to this, a problem-solving mind-set is crucial.
- The vast majority of our systems and our client’s systems are Windows and Windows Server based – ranging from Windows XP and Server 2003 up to Windows 10 and Server 2019.
- A good working knowledge of cPanel / Linux is a plus as all of our websites are hosted on a virtualised cPanel server.
- The job changes from day to day. You may be required to do anything from explaining how to use Microsoft Word, to planning a project to replace a client’s server and network infrastructure.
Job Requirements of the Apprentice:
- At least 1 years’ experience in IT Support, whether it be through personal endeavours or employment.
- An understanding of various cornerstone technologies, such as RAID and Virtualisation – including their use cases
- An understanding of network technologies, primarily IPv4 based.
- The flexibility to work late on short notice and occasionally work overtime / Saturdays
- Good customer service skills
- A genuine passion for technology
- A driving licence and your own car is essential for this role, as you will be required to visit and work on client’s sites regularly.
- A-Level in Maths, IT and Economics.
- Or a Diploma in IT
- Have previously completed a Level 3 IT Apprenticeship
Hours and Salary:
This is a Full-Time role, at 37.5 hours per week.
Working hours are Monday – Friday, 9am to 5:30pm, with a 1-hour unpaid lunch.
£170 – £270 per week, depending on experience
- Free gym membership at the YMCA North Shields
- Flexibility in working, in a friendly working environment
- Good prospects with the opportunity to grow with the company
- Varied job role, no day is the same
- 45p / mile rate for travel
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.