This is a national company with a friendly and professional team in their Aberdeen office. They also have offices in Belgium, Amsterdam, Romania, Dubai and Singapore to name a few. An apprenticeship here will help a person to earn some good qualifications and will be a great start to their career in a business who want you to grow and develop.
Currently seeking a reliable and pleasant person with a willingness to learn for an apprenticeship at a well known logistics service provider in Dyce, Aberdeen. Someone who is forward thinking with strong communication skills is the ideal candidate for this role. This apprenticeship will work you towards your SCQF level 6 Digital Applications Qualification
- Utilizing software systems such as customs CHEIF software system, and Descartes software
- HMRC Customs Regimes for Importation of Goods into the U.K. from all of the world using systems software
- Involved in the full import process inclusive of Tariff Numbers for Products, Duty Rates and Taxes inclusive of how VAT is processed on all Imports using system software
- Process Customs Regimes through CPC (Customs Processing Codes) Carry out Quality ISO processes in conjunction with our Quality Management Department via our ISO9001 process Involved in aspects of Freight Forwarding process from the supplier bookings at origin (i.e. Shanghai, China) all the way through to the delivery of goods after Customs Clearance.
- Good verbal communication skills (both face to face and over the telephone)
- Computer literate and willing to learn new systems
- Customer focused and able to demonstrate customer service skills after full training
- Team player - willing to help out where necessary
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organisational ability
- Good time management
- Reliable and forward thinking
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Under 18: £10,725 Over 18: £12,187
Staff bonus plans
- Pension Scheme
- Annual Holidays
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.