UplanIt is a start-up event planning, management and inspiration platform aiming to revolutionise the conventional methods of event planning, management and event experience through an innovative web and mobile platform. Equipped with modern day collaborative project planning, management tools and a pool of event suppliers to empower individuals to efficiently plan events in any location around the world themselves or in collaboration with friends and family, or with a paid event planner from the comfort of any device connected to the internet.
This is a Marketing Assistant role, with a fixed term of 1 year.
Reporting to the Co-founder of Uplanit Ltd, you will provide support for the start-up marketing activities, such as creating innovative marketing strategies, performing market & competitive analysis, expanding and maintaining current marketing channels as required; in addition to Digital, Social Media and Events.
Main role and Responsibilities:
- Create innovative marketing strategies and campaigns (multimedia and events)
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Maintain current marketing channels, identify and develop potential channels
- Develop content for Digital & Social Media
- Help organize marketing events and distribute marketing materials
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations
- Contact vendors and develop business relations
- To identify and create creative multimedia marketing strategies with clear objectives & measures
- To increase social media presence & followers (Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn)
- To implement search engine optimization strategies and grow organic search visits & traffic
Essential skills and qualities:
- Demonstrable passion for marketing (multimedia and events)
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Practical experience of using Social Media tools / Photoshop / Film editing software / Canva
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and organizational skills
- Efficient, enthusiastic and able to multi-task
- Ability to commit a year during the apprenticeship period
- Flexible working (evening / weekends) - MS Office Suite - Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficient
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and analytics (eg. Google Adwords and SEO) and Social Media ads is an advantage
- Sense for design and portfolio of past work will be a benefit
- High level of interest in food & beverage industry, community, culture or social business
- Someone with a background studying marketing, psychology, social sciences or a business based degree would be best suited – but we’d love to hear from all backgrounds.
- 3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Hours of work:
Your standard working week is 35 hours each week.
There is also an hour lunch to be taken each day which is unpaid and to be taken between 12 noon and 2:30pm as agreed with your line manager.
Shift patterns will vary twice a week for catch up with management, this will take place every Tuesday and Thursday, where you will be required to come in during hours 11am till 7pm and 9am till 5pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
£136.50 per week / £7098 per annum
- Insights on how a start-up company operates, with real hands-on start-up experience
- Gain industry knowledge and networking opportunities
- Learn creative problem solving and innovation directly from start-up Co-founders and founders
- Gaining of full understandings on social Business and values
- 25 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.