BCS are the Chartered Institute for IT.
The BCS are currently seeking to add a Data Analyst Apprentice to join their analyst team in Swindon.
The apprentice will be reporting directly to the Senior Business Intelligence Analyst.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
• Collection and analysis of numerical information for further presentation using diagrams, tables, charts, graphs, and reports
• Assist with the production of the monthly performance review
• Identify trends and create models to estimate future circumstances
• Provide high quality analytics to clearly deliver high quality CRM data, applying a consistent, co-ordinated approach to data management, analysis and application of data integrity techniques/tools
• Assist with the collation, reporting and analysis of statistical information for management
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
Ideally able to demonstrate experience of the following:
• Data Modelling using data techniques, tools and applications
• Reporting/administration of a database, ensuring data integrity
• Excellent analytical skills and expertise with statistical information
• Advanced level user of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically, Excel and Access
• Good attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
• Proactive at identifying problems with data and proposing solutions and improvements
Desired qualification requirements:
• Applicants must be educated to A-Level standard or equivalent to be in consideration for this role
• GCSE Grade C or above in English & Maths or equivalent
• Minimum of 3 A-Levels or equivalent is desirable
Monday to Friday,
36 hours per week [all details will be confirmed with the employer]
£16,000 - £18,000 per annum
Benefits of the role/ Future prospects:
Salary review at end of the apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.