The FoodHouse is fast becoming the North East's No1 online system for takeaway and restaurant ordering. We have hundreds of restaurants standing by waiting to take your order. Unlike some of our competitors we have no admin or surcharge fees and aim to reduce the commissions paid by our partner restaurants.
Our exciting apprenticeship role just a few minutes bus journey from Newcastle City Centre at The FoodHouse which is located at the John Buddle Work Village.
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our team to provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals.
We require a confident and target driven person to work alongside our team. You should be able to work under pressure and have excellent computer skills.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Create and upload text copy and images for all our business websites and customer websites
- Customer services including use of a Customer Relationship Management system
- Managing potential leads from customers and providing our business sales information
- Make regular posts on business Social Media for our business and clients
- Design website banners and graphics using Photoshop / Canva
- Add to company blogs and manage e-communications
- Keep up to date with current digital trends
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow with a fast-growing company
- Willingness to be trained and developed
- Ability to use own initiative
- Flexible approach to work
- Well presented, polite and well-spoken
- Positive 'can do' attitude
5 x GCSE (or equivalent) A*-C grades and must include English and Maths.
The hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9am – 4pm including 1 hour for lunch.
£4.15 per hour plus bonuses - travel to and from work will also be subsidised.
Pay will be reviewed quarterly based on performance and a bonus may also be paid. (Overtime will also be available)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.