Scotts & Co was established in 1991 and is based on the Groundwell Industrial Estate in Swindon. We are a fast-paced retail business of around 140 employees that sells a wide array of products via mail-order and e-commerce.
We operate flexible working options within core hours, offer a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and give a generous staff discount on our products.
We seeking an ambitious individual who wishes to make a career in e-commerce to join our web team as a digital marketing apprentice.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to learn how all aspects of digital marketing and content management combine and deliver a successful e-commerce platform.
The successful applicant can expect to gain experience in generating and executing joined-up marketing campaigns that encompass paid search, effective SEO, email marketing, content generation, CRM and social media.
We are currently re-platforming our website so there is also opportunity for the right candidate to be involved in this project and learn how to set up a website from scratch.
• Planning, building and testing of marketing emails
• Homepage planning, design and update of content
• Site and sales analysis using GA and other internal reporting tools
• Image and product data management using internal tools
• Online marketing management: set up of promotional codes, CRM, managing and scheduling marketing content, product recommendations, generation of product and content-rich landing pages
• SEO: ensuring product content and URL’s optimise SEO value
• Digital marketing: analysis of success of digital advertising activity
• Data management of Google product feed
• Social media - updates and campaign management as required
• Ambitious, reliable and eager to learn
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Flexible and keen to understand (and get involved in) the end to end e-commerce process
• Excellent attention to detail and comfortable with working to deadlines
• Enjoys working as part of a team
• Able to demonstrate initiative
• Good basic IT skills (Microsoft Office)
• An understanding of social media is advantageous
• Able to demonstrate a previous interest in the online world
• 5 GCSEs or equivalent, plus A-levels or Btec qualification
• A demonstrated interest in online marketing (e.g. managing a club's FB page, having your own blog etc.) is a distinct advantage
• Due to the potential of this role, we also invite applications from candidates who have some tertiary education and wish to transfer their skills into a practical environment
£11,000-£13,000 per annum, depending on the experience and education level of the candidate.
37.5 hours per week.
• 3.5 hours dedicated time each week for training, plus 4 weeks classroom leave
• Flexible working within core hours
• Generous staff discount on Scotts & Co products for you and your friends and family
• We offer a generous holiday entitlement of 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and give a generous staff discount on our products.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.